AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# Paging ClownyGirl - URGENT ....
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePaging ClownyGirl - URGENT ....
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk

Just found this news item on the BBC website.

ClownyGirl, let us know you're OK. FAST.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 03:19Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
katieb
-----
Fish Addict
Votes: 69
female usa

Last Summer it was the UK.

When will it end?

I'll do graffiti,
If you sing to me in French.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 03:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
I immediately thought of her too. For some reason I thought she lived in another area though.

*crosses fingers*

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 03:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
I am ok. I live in the same city though. Took me over 3 hours to get home as the roads were jammed. I used to take the train until 2 months ago, and then decided to get a car, so I got lucky. Hubby takes one of the trains to work too (he works nights and travels in the evening), but overslept yesterday, so we are both counting our blessings.

Sister also takes the same train, but had a holiday yesterday.

I just wish whoever is doing this stops.

Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 07:43Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
*hugs* I just heard and came on to find you!

Thank heavens you and yours are all ok

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 08:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
Wow, that was a close one. I'm glad y'all are okay! Sometimes I forget how international this forum is.

Terrorism must end!!

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2006 15:24Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
Never thought anyone would be so relieved to OVERSLEEP and be late for work! Glad you and your family are ok!!

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2006 03:08Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
female india
EditedEdited by clownygirl
On a lighter note, oversleeping is going to be the way forward in my family

I was so stressed out from the happenings in the city over the past 2 days that I slept 10 hours last night. I was off to bed at 9 pm and woke up only at 7. I could have slept a couple more hours if I did not have to go to work.

*Hugs Calla and dozes off*

Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2006 08:26Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
male uk
On another Board I subscribe to, we've also had a Mumbai resident check in and confirm she's OK. She also says that the rush hour traffic is a nightmare.

* Hands ClownyGirl some soft pillows *

Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2006 13:46Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
you poor thing

i'm pretty cheesed about how this is playing in the media over here. It got second place yesterday to the howard/costello thing. This is a pretty big deal on the world scale and here we are fussing over who said what 12 years ago. Its disgraceful.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2006 14:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
male uk

Front page news in the serious papers over here.

Mind you, even the imminent end of the world due to a massive impact by a giant meteorite isn't going to shift Big Brother off the front page of the Daily Star ...

They'd put that on, oh, around page 5, because they'd have to make room for the regular slot featuring the topless model and the assorted clips about celebrity bed hopping on the earlier pages. Huge bombs ripping the Mumbai railway system to bits? Probably made it to page 9 in that paper.

Please, DON'T go looking at the website for that rag. You'll need to shower in neat Dettol afterwards.

Meanwhile, I did some checking on Wikipedia. Mumbai is one crowded city. Cramming thirteen million people into a land area around a third that of London. Yet it still manages to have a national park in the city boundaries. That is a major achievement.

When all this is over and your sleep rhythms are back to normal ClownyGirl, you'll have to give us a pictorial tour.

Post InfoPosted 14-Jul-2006 16:08Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
female india
*Bathes in Dettol and rests on some soft pillows*

My sleep pattern is thankfully back to normal. Mumbai holds 17 million people, 13 million is an old, old figure.

We not only have a National Park, but we also have a Private Milk colony that has about 4000 acres of park land, mostly unspoilt. This place is even bigger than the national park. I should get you guys some pictures next week

Meanwhile, the hunt for the terrorists is on. The media, like all the media in the rest of the world, is forever guessing on who conducted the blasts. I sometimes wish they would stop speculating. News is good, but now, its become somewhat of an overdose with everybody trying to make a criminal out of everybody else.

PS Calla, what is the Howard/Costello thing?
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2006 08:52Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
dan76
----------
Big Fish
Always Reading Posts
male australia
EditedEdited by dan76
clownygirl the howard costello thing is an internal leadership struggle in the liberal party to be the prime minister of australia. a very long story and one im sure everyone is sick of hearing about , they arent getting anyones vote next time anyway.
may have something to do with that . maybe costello wants to be pm for the pension and other lifelong lurks and he knows liberals time is over

one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen , thats all you need.

OH TOLEEDY!
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2006 12:15Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 758
male australia
Glad everything is fine Clowny!!!
Clowny I thought you lived in Ireland
Not good with flags....now I know that's an Indian flag

Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2006 13:20Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
female india
Glad to have helped you with ur Geography JQW
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2006 13:35Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
male uk
Seventeen milllion people?

I'm surprised you all have space to move on that plot of land!

And that's not including the metropolitan areas?

To think that I considered London to be a crowded city last time I went there for a job interview.

Oh, you didn't go looking at the Daily Star site did you ClownyGirl?

* Hands additional supplies of Dettol *

Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2006 22:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
female india
Nah, actually, we dont really have enough space, and therefore hubby and I are thinking of immigrating to a less crowded city in the near future. I have set my eyes on Vancouver in Canada. London sounds good too, but the UK is too difficult to immigrate to. New york is also better than Mumbai - far less crowded going by the numbers

I am sure all the Americans on this thread must be falling off their seats, but that is truly how bad the situation is.

BTW, I have access to the internet only from office, so eventhough I was dying to see the Big Brother of the Daily Star, I couldnt go looking

Dont want to get caught looking at models in skimpy clothes, I think that would be more appropriate if I were of the opposite gender

Talking about internal leadership struggles, the situation aint any better here. All the political big wigs want to come to the city at a time when we are struggling to put tighter security measures in place. Most of the police force was diverted to protect one such person yesterday - Narendra Modi.

Anybody who followed the Gujarat (neighbouring state) violence, which was more like a genocide following arsonage of a train coach in which some 200 people were burnt alive would remember him. He was the one who instigated the communal riots that followed and to think, he is here in Mumbai to see the bombing victims - what a shame
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2006 06:58Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies