SubscribeRescue the Kitty!
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
I live in an apartment complex and one of my "neighbors" in another building decided to move and that their cats weren't coming with. One of them (so skinny and pitiful) wrangled his way into my building and lived in the stairwell for a few days until I was able to bring him to the vet (my cat needed bloodwork done, anyway, so both of them went with me).

I have the feeling it's going to be a slow process convincing Lucky (my "old man" at 14 yrs old) that this nine-month-old twerp of a cat is okay. Luckily, the skinny orange tabby has been tested as FeLV and FIV negative. He has to get neutered and vaccinated and certainly needs to fatten up.

Wish I had pictures, but I'm not sure how to get the pics off my cell phone to here. Blah. And I don't have my digicam with me. Use your imagination until I can get pics up... He's a scrawny little orange tabby with medium length hair except for his huge, fluffy bottle-brush of a tail. He's got little floofy tufts of fur poking up from each ear (sorta makes me think Maine Coone cat). Lovely amber eyes. Rather vocal. Now I have TWO singing cats... what joy.

Anyway, gotta run... library computer is about to kick me off!

I'll let you know how things go soon!

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2007 03:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Rescued cats are always the best mates as they seem to know that you love and care for them.
We recently adopted a 13yld Chinchilla previous owners had no control over her never nursed or brushed her.
After 12 months she is perrrrfect and understands every thing we say and do. Cats are not dumb only the people who don't understand then yet keep them.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2007 07:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
Good for you kitten!
We currently have 5 cats because of similar circumstances.
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2007 17:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
eat_ham222
-----
Banned
Kudos: 72
Votes: 16
male usa
Share patty?
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2007 05:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
kitten,

you can email yourself the pictures from your phone...

just when you are about to send it (and you are chosing the destination) most phones allow you to pick a phone number or an email address ...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2007 22:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
female usa
Okay, sorry that these are ages late, but thanks to the holidays, I haven't been online much.

Corey in Stairwell

Corey close up

Not terribly good pictures, but that's what you get on my phone... I've even got my stupid digicam with me, but forgot the cord at home.

...whoops, forgot I'm not premie anymore. *rolls eyes* Sorry, gotta click to see the pics.

Oh, and the name... Corey, for cory cat... corydoras.

Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 03:38Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
EditedEdited by rjmcbean
I am sooo not a fan of cats but COREY is a beautiful Kitty!!

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 09:14Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
female usa
Real quick here as I'm on break at work...

Corey and Lucky are getting along much better. At first, Lucky would run scared (after much hissing, spitting and snarling) and find a place to hide. He's now down to growling if Corey gets overly friendly. Corey IS a kitten and just wants to play; he hasn't figured out that Lucky isn't going to play along. However, Lucky is relaxing more and more each day and the two have been known to actually pass within a foot of each other without having a hissy fit. They've also been seen voluntarily sitting close together. Yay!

Corey is still very vocal and makes me wonder why I ever considered Lucky to be a talker. He's gotten off his "must eat everything in sight" kick and is slowing down. I swear he was eating as much as my mom's 30 pound English Cocker Spaniel! I have NO idea where he was putting it!

He's really a big sweetheart and would love to cuddle with Lucky when Lucky comes around. He's tolerant of being held, snuggled, cuddled under a blanket... doesn't much like the tummy being rubbed too much, but he's pretty forgiving. LOVES the feather-on-a-string toys. Trying to keep up with him is a trip. I'm used to Lucky and his 14-year-old energy level. A nine-month-old is chaotic! But hey, I love him anyway.

Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 19:19Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
Sorry Goby, no camera.

That's all great news kitten! Corey is a beautiful & grateful little cat! Thanks for the up date.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2008 18:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
Very beautiful Kitty...... /:'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2008 20:37Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies