---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
This info came from Monash Magazine
Spring/summer 2007

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2007 10:54Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Sorry the print is a bit of a blur but with better eyes it should not be a problem.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2007 10:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

I've seen this done with objects, but not with liquids. I can't make out the smaller regular print in the article though.
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2007 16:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
I have attempted to improve the printing.

Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2007 02:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 03-Nov-2007 02:22
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Part 2

Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2007 02:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
female usa

Thanks keith.........makes you wonder what they know how to do that they aren't telling you about.
Post InfoPosted 04-Nov-2007 02:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Ah ha, conspiracy.

I just KNOW that pic was taken in Hanger 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 04:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
female usa

Hanger 13? Is that in New Mexico or in Area 51?
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 05:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2007 22:36Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
female usa

Oh, hubby told me Hanger 13 is where some say the fake moon landing occured, & it's in Area 51 & I guess Calli. found it.

Great pic Calli.! I had no idea the place was that big! It was fun scrolling around & looking at it all close up. I guess I have a sort of silly question though. What is that big white area? White sand?
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2007 00:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Looks like a salt or alkali flat to me.

><>
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2007 02:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
male uk

Groom Lake, Nevada. LARGE salt lake.

See the runway cutting through it? From top to bottom that runway is 26,000 feet long ... around 5 miles.

Hence the proper designation of the place, Groom Lake AFB. However, unlike several other air force bases, you try getting closer than about 10 Km to it. The base police tend to be VERY insistent about keeping people away from the perimeter - and away from any vantage points allowing binocular observation of the base. Don't try arguing with them because they drive around in teams of four, and carry loaded sidearms at all time - Desert Eagle .50 cal if memory serves - which means they're NOT to be messed with.

Oh if you know where to look, you can find all sorts of interesting things on Google Maps. Such as the location of the launch silos for the SS-18 ICBMs of the former Soviet Union. They're at six locations, but not all of them are operational - if memory serves, Dombarovskiy, Imeni Gastello, Kartaly and Zanghiz Tobe are still operational, but Uzhur and Alyesk are doutbful. I'll have to fire up the images someday and let you all have fun spotting missile silos.

Oh, then there's Yongbyon. I had quite a bit of fun zooming in on that. The nuclear facility where Kim Hong-Il is reputed to be stockpiling weapons grade material for a North Korean atomic bomb.

That's the thing about geostationary satellites. You can't hide anymore.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 12-Nov-2007 02:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
rabbit
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 461
Votes: 7
male australia
chupa cubra
yeti
aliens
2pac
area 51, if theres nothing there, then why cant we see insde?

bout all the conspiracies i can think of at the moment.
Post InfoPosted 20-Nov-2007 17:13Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
male uk
area 51, if theres nothing there, then why cant we see insde?

Because it's a working military base. One where prototype combat aircraft are tested prior to official rollout. If you think for one moment that ANY government would allow any old Tom, Richard or Harry (for some reason, the shorthand version of 'Richard' is censored on this board) to go wandering freely around any military base, let alone one which is used for testing prototypes of the next generation of military technology, then you're probably in for a BIG surprise if you try. A surprise involving large numbers of extremely well-muscled troops with guns.

There's a 100 mile air exclusion zone around the place. If you make the mistake of straying into that exclusion zone without good reason or prior authorisation, expect to be shot down with Stinger missiles. Even regular US Air Force pilots are told to AVOID that exclusion zone, and they're serving in the country's military. Only hand picked, extremely well vetted, ultra-trustworthy staff are allowed anywhere near that base. Bear in mind that it's been the test site in the past for craft such as the F-117A Nighthawk and the B-2A Spirit, and no one outside a very narrow trusted selection of personnel got to approach those prior to official rollout.

Of course, they can't stop satellites photographing the place. However, the government tries to place limits on the resolution of images of the place filtering into the public domain. You're not likely to see images with better than 1 metre resolution any time soon, partly because no American company would be allowed to park a satellite with that capability in orbit unless it was under direct military control. Of course they can't stop flyovers by Russian satellites (or anyone else's for that matter) but usually those satellites are military as well, and are being tracked. Right now, there's probably half a dozen satellites zipping over your head from various nations with the capacity to photograph you sitting on your balcony with such high resolution that they can work out what jewellery you're wearing in your navel.

If you fancy looking at an equivalent Russian location, take a peek here - Dombarovskiy air base, which is also home to some nice SS-18 missile silos in the surrounding countryside (unless they've been upgraded - thee's some confusion over recent Russian ICBM designations). Basically, if you scout around that area and look carefully, you might find the silos if you're lucky ... there's enough nuclear explosive sitting in that area to turn the entire Eastern Seaboard into radioactive lava.

Don't have nightmares y'all ...

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 11-Dec-2007 02:27Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies