houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Well, not sure who might really care but it is official, on Saturday afternoon this little Cory is off to visit her Kitten in Chicagoland This will be the first time I've left Houston Area since Evacuation of Rita and before that I don't want to even remember back far enough so I feel I deserve a vacation

Now if I can only build up a tad bit more energy to get the laundry done, pack the suitcase, make sure the laptop, purse, crochet, book will fit into my backpack, or if I need to shove something into my CPAP bag other than the CPAP machine and my medications...I've been told I can do a carry on (backpack, with my "entertainment", and the CPAP bag (size just smaller than a laptop bag) both as carry ons...I sure hope so, I really can't think of which I'd rather store in my duffelbag/suitcase...the CPAP or the Laptop...in my opinion neither is optional

Ok I think I'm gonna go and join Little Bit things here have been so topsy turvy and her little sleep sycle (SP? I know it's wrong i'm tired) is as messed up as my own And since she only woke up this morning to demand breakfast and then said she was "seepy" and that was at 9:30ish...now it's noon This baby is whupped...with any luck Grandma will be released an get to come home tonight or in the morning bright and early, but we will see and I have an interview for tomorrow...here's praying the principal doesn't decide to bad mouth me to the other principal...she's doing her best to get rid of as many as she can before she sinks away herself... Whoever it was that said so long ago that I didn't need this school was soooo right but anyways...have a good one...Cory

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2007 19:12Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Hello Heidi

Is it the same type of teaching you WILL be doing at your NEW school. Remember many old principles dont die they just stagnate and rot away.
All the best let me know how you go in and out of Huston.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 03:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
EditedEdited by kitten
Kitten's got her very own heidi. Haven't been online much, but the internet is down. Sigh. We've been having fun, even if we're squeezing everything into the time available after I get off of work.

We're actually just about ready to pack things up and go downtown for the day. Unfortunately, both of us are rather low on funds by this time, so we won't be able to be do anything too terribly costly, but we'll haul the cameras downtown and do all the free stuff. Lincoln Park Zoo, here we come?

Anyway, we're having fun, just thought I'd take advantage of heidi's cell phone internet to give y'all a head's up.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 28-Jul-2007 18:48Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
YAY!! I am glad that you got a vacation and got to spend some time with Kitten! You were LOOOOONG overdue for a vacation so I am really happy to hear that you are getting a break.

Can't wait to see pictures!

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 30-Jul-2007 06:58Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
It will probably be a while before we can get the pictures up, as both of us are strapped for cash. At least until Friday for me when I get paid.

We wound up going to the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Chicago Botanical Gardens. Two full days in the hot and humid summer of Chicago took it out of us. It's going to hit the highs of the year so far this week. Joy for summer.

Aching feet, backs... well, just about everything, really! But... it was fun. And that's all that matters, right?

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 31-Jul-2007 04:31Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
female usa
I'm not sure if I've really truly recovered from the trip but dang did I have fun thank you kitten can i come back now anyways as kitten said we went to the lincoln park zoo and botanical gardens, and her favorite lfs's, and I explored the bus system during the day a couple of times the first time was easy the second time, well I made it to the mall after uh going around the whole route kind of got on going the wrong direction but I made it to where I was heading Now I so need to finish unpacking, finish picking up the apartment (b/f is coming over this evening yesterday just didn't work for either of us...i was still trying to be dead and had Sheila, dropped a buddy off at Hobby (5th time there this summer ), helping Leslie out the best I can (she's still in ICU) GG back and forth, and heck he didn't get off work till 8 last night, so we were exhausted) ok anyways yeppers I so gotta get up and do something, but for now here are a few pics I'm home, but I want to go back to my kitten or better yet, since it's hotter than blue blazes there, and not so here, i think she needs to disapparate to me ~~cory

Attached Image:

I'm sure Kitten's are better, but here is one of my flowery ones from the Botanical Gardens, got my shoes all wet, but it was worth it

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 02-Aug-2007 17:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
female usa
EditedEdited by houston

The Circle Garden, I believe...and who says you can't get in the water

Post InfoPosted 02-Aug-2007 17:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
female usa
Oh one more picture the otter wouldn't hold still for anything, but the beaver and I were friends for some reason...

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 02-Aug-2007 17:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
Pretty water Lilly!

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 02-Aug-2007 18:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies