L# Cloudy Water
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCloudy Water
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
hey i've got a 30 gal with a 5 in oscar and a 3 in bristlenose pleco. (i know oscar needs bigger later)so i've had perfectly clear water until recently. about two weeks ago i put a peice of drift wood in my aquarium. i even boiled the wood for about 4 hours before i put it in. and recently my water has been cloudy. i've been doing water changes 20%, twice a week. but it's still no good. any ideas?
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2008 00:27Profile PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
How long has the tank been set up and what color is the cloudiness? If its white its a bacterial bloom. Check your water quality - ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Was the wood from a lfs?

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2008 01:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RLHam3
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 34
tank has been set up for maybe 8 months so it's so i don't THINK thats the problem, but maybe. all tests normal a few days ago.
i dunno how to really describe the cloudiness. it's just not as clear as it used 2 b. and yeah, i got the wood from my LFS
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2008 05:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Hooben

-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 219
male usa us-texas
It would be extremely difficult to have a 5 inch fish in a 30 gallon tank without cloudy water. The bio load is just to much, especially when we are talking about an oscar. Oscars require much water and good filtration. Possibly the fish has grown so quickly as to make you believe that there is some other factor to the cloudy condition. Perhaps more partial water changes, but for shure a bigger tank.

Post InfoPosted 29-May-2008 02:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
male uk
Bigger tank is a must for that size of oscar - they are such messy eaters that its inevitable that the water chemistry can't cope.
Post InfoPosted 03-Jun-2008 20:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies