Subscribemaster test kit
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
Hello all.
I just have a quick question about the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals master test kit. I have had the test kit for many years and while I may not test as often as I used too (my bad) I recently needed to relocate and upgrade tanks. This caused me to think about the test kit as I once again was doing regular testing. The question is... Does the test kit have a "use by" or any kind of an "expiration" date? Just wondering as my test kit is many (5-8)years old. I just used up the last of the nitrate drops so I may just replace the whole thing.
Post InfoPosted 16-Apr-2010 19:22Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals

The only way to get all the correct info is contact Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, this link will take you directly to them.
Depending on your location it might be only a phone call away.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2010 04:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Keiths right, asking the company directly is your best bet on getting an answer.

While you wait for your answer, I do seem to remember someone mentioning that test kits only last about a year or so before they aren't as reliable. Considering how much dust is sometimes on the kits at the store it makes you wonder . I'd say that 5-8 years is probably time to update the kit, especially if you're starting to run low.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2010 01:12Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
The problem you have when buying some medications, test kits and dry goods etc it could either be passed the UBD of very close to it.
I know of one chain pet shop that had Pimafix two years passed the UBD on the shelf and they said it was OK to use "FOR SURE"

I know only buy on line where they have a quick turnover and never a problem getting fresh goods.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2010 06:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
Yeah,just went out and got a new one. Know what you mean about the dusty boxes too. the one at one local store had on very dusty one going for around $35 and then saw another for $22 somewheres else nice and new looking. That was when I bought the first one ages ago. Don't really like the new package, all the color spots are one ons card instead of the individual ones, and with no instructions on the back.
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2010 18:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies