FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Coldwater, Watergardens, and Ponds
  L# Anyone else tired of saying it?
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnyone else tired of saying it?
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
10-20 gal per fish is VERY off. Givin a 10g is better than a 1g, but a common goldie needs at least a 55g for one fish reason being that they can get to be a good foot in length. Actually, there not ment for tanks in the first place they are POND FISH, or fish that go into ponds ^_^

Inky
Post InfoPosted 20-Mar-2006 05:36Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
lol I can just imagine a fully grown comet in a 20 gal, - it wouldnt even be able to turn around in a tank that small, and the water chemistry from even a shorter bodied fancy adult goldie would go toxic in a couple of days..

We have a thai restaurant in cheltenham and they have about 8 adult goldies in a 125, and I have to say even that looks totally overcrowded, and the water varies between misty hell and algal hell. They have a huge filter too, and its obviously not coping. I assume if they had only 80 gals they would have been dead long ago, and I have a feeling they wont last much longer anyway. I reckon those fish will need a 300 gal plus just to stay stable.
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2006 05:41Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
That tank must be very stinky, givin how much waste a goldfish can produce

I'm thinking of doing a goldie facts website, to help people with goldfish as pets and to improve awareness of anti-bowls. I found a TON of hard-copy sources, and I'm hoping to find more evidence elsewhere online. Any suggestions?

Inky
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2006 19:07Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies