L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBetta Buddie???
Jouerviolin
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male usa
I was actually attracted to the colored tetras I saw at the aquarium. Are these similar to the tattoo mollies in the way it has that unique soft color? I'm just not sure what I can put in my tank... I want something unique and different to have, as a lot of people have bettas (I'm in school right now).
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2009 00:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Callatya
If they are fluro colours (purples/greens/hot pink/etc) then there is a good chance they are dyed. Generally speaking, anything with a name like "coloured" , "jellybean" or "blueberry" tends to be dyed. There are exceptions, but if there is a tank of different coloured fish that look like watercolours or as if they've been attacked by a 2yo kid with a hiligher, you are probably looking at created colour. Other than the cruelty aspect, the colour does fade over time.

There are plenty of knock-your-socks-off natural colours in tetras though. Have a look at cardinals, glolites, black neons, & rummynose.

If you don't already have a betta, there are other fish that you can add that are prety unique also. Killifish are first to mind, followed by sparkling gouramies, wild bettas (smaragdina, imbellis, or even some wild cross breeds)

It depends on tank size and what you like, but I'm pretty sure we can come up with something suitable

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2009 07:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Jouerviolin
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male usa
Meh. Well, I already have a betta right now, and he's in a 3.7 gallon tank right now. I'm not quite sure about really adding neighbors now, but we'll see. I'll probably just get a cory catfish or other bottom dweller once my tank is cycled (or just stable) after a month. I'm kinda pissed though, because I just found out that I'm allowed to have a 10 gallon tank, but I had thought that the limit was 2g. However, finding the space would have been a bit interesting, ha ha...
Post InfoPosted 27-Jan-2009 05:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
If you keep up with water maintanence, Ottos would work.
Post InfoPosted 27-Jan-2009 13:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies