FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Reef Keeping
  L# New tank in process of being built!
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew tank in process of being built!
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
I cant argue with it. Im trying to decide if I want to set up the 180 in the bedroom....seems kinda strange that the bedroom would have 3 closets and one of them is the perfect size to recess the 180 into

Wait. Uhhh. Nate? I'm missing the strange part. That, uhh...seems like a perfect plan to me, idk what's weird about that. *shrug*

Im meeting Kip today so Ill talk to him about it

okey dokey *Crosses fingers for Salifert*

Yup, I know! Its not just the money, but the time and energy spent getting it up and running and researching. Its a good setup though and I dont think you need to worry

Okay...*tries not to worry*

True, but the cube is only part of the dream.....

Better to have part than to have none. And you haven't given up on the rest of your dream have you? Keep working on it...you know what I say...Keep your chin up.

Yes, I do already have a tank.....but it doesnt do me much good when its sitting in the garage all stinky and empty

Okay...so mine's sitting here all empty and dusty...where's the difference? okay so mine has some pvc pipe on it...and several ball valves Big deal

Are you saying im fat and lazy? Yeah, lots of ideas that I wont be able to use on the new tank because it will already be set up

Not saying you are...you're a workaholic, I know that. But this will prevent you from getting lazy. Something tells me that getting out of the old house may actually let you feel comfortable enough to relax for a little bit. Nothing wrong with that. And Nate, is this the last tank you plan to set up? Sounds to me like you're going to have many ideas for future dreams.

Del is running everything off of two Sequence pumps....chiller, kalkwasser reactor, calcium reactor, skimmers, OM 4-way, etc.....plus he added some ball valves in case he wants to expand/add equipment.

Well that explains it. Hearing that makes me shutter...I haven't even thought about kalk or calc (well I've thought, but haven't done anything about it, other than pay the extra 5 bucks to get some sort of special thing on my skimmer to have a calc reactor...yeah idk)...and I'm hoping I can get away with no chiller since the room has cold tile floors and central air...*fingers crossed* Why does this hobby have to be so darn expensive. I should get like...youth discounts or something.

Everyone seemed to like the playlist actually.....It was good music to listen too and fit the situation to help keep us going.....plus it was filled with great memories.

Good. I'm very glad.

I put it right on top so I can get a good picture of it in a week or so.

*does a happy dance*

I doubt it.....Ill just be working more hours

True...because I started the list last night. I'll make it on a seperate post so I can edit just that whenever I want or you want. Actually it just has basics, but still.

I agree completly....the baby blue coral is def. one of a kind. I havent seen one like it since I got mine. It will make it though, im confident.

Good. Please...remember to stay confident no matter what happens...okay?

Im not bragging......and Im not a meanie. I cant be a meanie if Im planning on Princess anthias as the main fish in the new tank

Okay okay...I forgive you. Putting those in your tank means a lot to me.

Sounds like you guys had a fun day. Like I said...I dont blame them for sliming up. After a tank crash, and then a freak april blizzard, I think I'd slime up a bit too. Keep stealing powerheads (from friends )...and if you must buy a few more, it doesn't hurt to have extras. I've even got a few maxi-jets hanging around. And zip ties are amazing...especially the flourescent pink ones.

The next couple days will be the most stressful (for me, not the corals). Its pretty much just a waiting game to see if anything got stressed out enough to start to RTN...I hope that doesnt happen, but I know that is a possibility.

Always a possibility, and it's a risk we take. But I've got my fingers crossed, all we can do is pray and wait. Keep yourself busy in the meantime so you're not thinking about it. WOrrying always makes it worse.

Good news is that the baby blue coral is looking good....it didnt even slime up I think its going to do just fine.....unless it decides to give up on me and starts to RTN.

It wont give up...it's a tough coral. And a special one to boot. Make sure the circulation stays okay and monitor the levels like crazy...and I'm sure it'll make it. It better make it...

*sidenote.....the old house is strange now....no glow coming from the house/filling the house...no water noises....its too quiet here now and its driving me crazy!

I dont doubt it! Whenever I sleep somewhere out of my house and there's no fish tank in their room it freaks me out. I like listening to everything running as I'm falling asleep, it's the best time to tell if somethings not working quite the way it should be. I expect to fall asleep in the den watching my tank many late nights after it's set up. And I can't wait. Everyone is starting to call this room the fish room now.

Hope everyone pulls through okay.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
If genies were real and wishes came true, I’d rub the bottle and be holding you,
I’d close my eyes, wish upon a star, open my eyes, and there you are…
[/font]

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Here's the starting list...

CLAMS
T. crocea
T. maxima
T. deresa
T. gigas
T. squamosa

SPS
Pocillopora damicornis
Pocillopora verrucosa
Seriatopora hystrix
Seriatopora caliendrum
Stylophora pistillata
Montipora digitata
Montipora capricornis
Rainbow monti!!!
Millepora "Fire Coral"

And to start the Acros...
A. horrida
A. gemmifera
A. formosa
A. elseyi
A. yongei
A. tenuis
A. gomezi
L. spp (acro )

This was just a quick list I wrote in bed last night before I fell asleep. Expect many more additions over the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: To add more...

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
If genies were real and wishes came true, I’d rub the bottle and be holding you,
[/font]

Last edited by Ferretfish at 08-May-2005 19:18

Last edited by Ferretfish at 09-May-2005 15:16

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
Wait. Uhhh. Nate? I'm missing the strange part. That, uhh...seems like a perfect plan to me, idk what's weird about that. *shrug*

Its just strange because the bedroom has 3 closets. Nothing strange about the tank fitting in the closet *thinks about waking up to the halides coming on*

Better to have part than to have none. And you haven't given up on the rest of your dream have you? Keep working on it...you know what I say...Keep your chin up.

Im working on the dream little by little. And there is NO WAY im giving up on the rest of the dream. *holds chin up high*

Okay...so mine's sitting here all empty and dusty...where's the difference? okay so mine has some pvc pipe on it...and several ball valves Big deal

Still closer to being done than mine is!

Not saying you are...you're a workaholic, I know that. But this will prevent you from getting lazy. Something tells me that getting out of the old house may actually let you feel comfortable enough to relax for a little bit. Nothing wrong with that. And Nate, is this the last tank you plan to set up? Sounds to me like you're going to have many ideas for future dreams.

Getting out of the old house will do me good...not only will it relax me, but I can start to get the house ready for future plans.

Nope, its not the last tank I plan on setting up....there are many tanks planned, and yes I have a LOT of plans for future dreams!

Well that explains it. Hearing that makes me shutter...I haven't even thought about kalk or calc (well I've thought, but haven't done anything about it, other than pay the extra 5 bucks to get some sort of special thing on my skimmer to have a calc reactor...yeah idk)...and I'm hoping I can get away with no chiller since the room has cold tile floors and central air...*fingers crossed* Why does this hobby have to be so darn expensive. I should get like...youth discounts or something.

You shouldnt have problems with temp considering you have central air....the most you might have to do is install a clip on fan to your sump/fuge to increase evap.

The calcium reactor and Kalkreactor can come later....when you are ready let me know cause I have great plans from Del for a Kalkreactor

*does a happy dance*

Ill try to snap a pic of it tonight after I get the lights hung...It has red polyps atleast

Good. Please...remember to stay confident no matter what happens...okay?

I will...im sure there will be some rough times, but im confident it will pull through and everything will be fine.

It wont give up...it's a tough coral. And a special one to boot. Make sure the circulation stays okay and monitor the levels like crazy...and I'm sure it'll make it. It better make it...

It better not give up! Might as well rip out my heart if it does. I dont know what it is about that coral, but its def. my favorite out of all of them.

I dont doubt it! Whenever I sleep somewhere out of my house and there's no fish tank in their room it freaks me out. I like listening to everything running as I'm falling asleep, it's the best time to tell if somethings not working quite the way it should be. I expect to fall asleep in the den watching my tank many late nights after it's set up. And I can't wait. Everyone is starting to call this room the fish room now.

I woke up last night and ran downstairs because I couldnt hear the overflows.....only to find an empty spot in the living room with a light hanging above it This house is even more depressing now.

Hope everyone pulls through okay.

Me too...I still need to go over and check on things and hang the lights...Im just a little preoccupied right now

[hr width='40%']
I lay here in my bed and dream of you
Hoping you are dreaming of me too...
Someday the miles will be less and we will dream together
Your heart and mine Always and Forever...

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Its just strange because the bedroom has 3 closets. Nothing strange about the tank fitting in the closet *thinks about waking up to the halides coming on*

yeah, that is kind of strange Why 3 closets? His, hers, tank? You could fall asleep to moonlights, and wake up to T5's or actinics, and then halides...you wouldn't want the halides on first would you?

Im working on the dream little by little. And there is NO WAY im giving up on the rest of the dream. *holds chin up high*

That's what I like to hear.

Still closer to being done than mine is!

Yeah I guess, but once yours actually arrives it'll be set up much quicker than mine. Your whole set up will take like a week, whereas I dont want to even go into how long mine's taking.

Getting out of the old house will do me good...not only will it relax me, but I can start to get the house ready for future plans.

I thought it would. Too many bad memories in the other house. *remembers how close the tank came to being torn down* New house should be fun to work with. You can have it set up exactly how you want.

Nope, its not the last tank I plan on setting up....there are many tanks planned, and yes I have a LOT of plans for future dreams!

Sounds like the perfect plan to me! I guess MTS has kicked in huh? I think Steph putting a limit to one tank made you want even more. Nothing wrong with that of course. It'll be a little bit more work and a little bit more money, but also a little bit more rewarding.

You shouldnt have problems with temp considering you have central air....the most you might have to do is install a clip on fan to your sump/fuge to increase evap.

Thats what I'm hoping. The skirt allows us to put in more of those little computer fans (I feel like Dad calls them mushroom fans?) in if we need them. And if worst comes to worst I'll just get a small chiller.

The calcium reactor and Kalkreactor can come later....when you are ready let me know cause I have great plans from Del for a Kalkreactor

Sweet. I'll probably be ready sometime later in the summer if I had to guess. It's gotta be after camp/vacation by the time I start doing sps.

Ill try to snap a pic of it tonight after I get the lights hung...It has red polyps atleast

Score. Lookin' forward to it, it'll only color up more as time passes. It'd be a cool thing to document.

I will...im sure there will be some rough times, but im confident it will pull through and everything will be fine.

That's exactly what I mean. Dont forget that.

It better not give up! Might as well rip out my heart if it does. I dont know what it is about that coral, but its def. my favorite out of all of them.

It's my favorite too. Even if we lose this one, there's other frags of it, right? One of them is guaranteed to pull through.

I woke up last night and ran downstairs because I couldnt hear the overflows.....only to find an empty spot in the living room with a light hanging above it This house is even more depressing now.

Awww. And that is why you should move the computer to the new house and start a new life there. Forget about everything that's happend in the old house. Start over. It'll be better for you.

Me too...I still need to go over and check on things and hang the lights...Im just a little preoccupied right now

Keep your head out of the clouds and in reality Nate. Stop daydreaming. *laughs* It'll get done. Things must be really stressful right now. I cant even imagine.

*fingers still crossed*

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
yeah, that is kind of strange Why 3 closets? His, hers, tank? You could fall asleep to moonlights, and wake up to T5's or actinics, and then halides...you wouldn't want the halides on first would you?

Dont ask me why it has 3 closets...but the his, hers, and tank sounds like a good theory

Falling asleep and waking up to halides wouldnt be too bad, but I like your idea better. *tries to decide whether or not to keep the 180*

Yeah I guess, but once yours actually arrives it'll be set up much quicker than mine. Your whole set up will take like a week, whereas I dont want to even go into how long mine's taking.

How long it takes to have something that you want isnt a problem for me.....I think you need to keep your chin up. It will be up and running before you know it. Perfection of your dream takes time.

I thought it would. Too many bad memories in the other house. *remembers how close the tank came to being torn down* New house should be fun to work with. You can have it set up exactly how you want.

The new house is going to be fun to work with....I think it has a lot of potential. Hopefully I can be out of the old house completely by next weekend. I still need to call and have internet transfered too!

Sounds like the perfect plan to me! I guess MTS has kicked in huh? I think Steph putting a limit to one tank made you want even more. Nothing wrong with that of course. It'll be a little bit more work and a little bit more money, but also a little bit more rewarding.

The MTS has always been there....just not really possible in the old house. MTS will start up in a couple years once the new tank is going strong. It would also help to have a roomie that could help me with them....gonna have to work on that one though.

Thats what I'm hoping. The skirt allows us to put in more of those little computer fans (I feel like Dad calls them mushroom fans?) in if we need them. And if worst comes to worst I'll just get a small chiller.
]

I dont see you having problems, or needing a chiller. I think the tank will be fine with keeping a stable temp.

Sweet. I'll probably be ready sometime later in the summer if I had to guess. It's gotta be after camp/vacation by the time I start doing sps.

No problem, just let me know. I have them saved on a CD along with his powerpoint presentation. Its very simple to make and to set up.

That's exactly what I mean. Dont forget that.

How could I?

It's my favorite too. Even if we lose this one, there's other frags of it, right? One of them is guaranteed to pull through.

There are 3 frags of it out right now....but I dont want to lose the original. It just wouldnt be the same.

Keep your head out of the clouds and in reality Nate. Stop daydreaming. *laughs* It'll get done. Things must be really stressful right now. I cant even imagine

Reality bites......daydreams are so much better. I can have whatever I want in daydreams

[hr width='40%']

Last edited by DarkRealm Overlord at 01-May-2005 14:32
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
NATE THAT'S CHEATING!!!

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
[/font]

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
It's a lost cause.

Okay...

Back to business.

Dont ask me why it has 3 closets...but the his, hers, and tank sounds like a good theory

Hey, I like it! Every master bedroom should be equipped like that! It only seems logical to me.

Falling asleep and waking up to halides wouldnt be too bad, but I like your idea better. *tries to decide whether or not to keep the 180*

Halides are bright though...that's why I said use the T5's or the actinics for supplementation, that way it's gradual. Also mimics sunrise/sunset a little better, dont you think?

As for the 180, I say keep it, you've put so much work into it already. It can be a LPS/softies tank, with a few SPS frags if you really wanted. Or, you can do fairy wrasses...!

How long it takes to have something that you want isnt a problem for me.....I think you need to keep your chin up. It will be up and running before you know it. Perfection of your dream takes time.

Hmm...maybe I should start listening to some of my own advice instead of just giving it. Normally waiting wouldn't bother me too much either...it's just the fact that this tank has not met any of the deadlines that I've set for it.

The new house is going to be fun to work with....I think it has a lot of potential. Hopefully I can be out of the old house completely by next weekend. I still need to call and have internet transfered too!

I agree. If I know you well enough, you'll get exactly what you want out of it. I dont think you spent months looking for the perfect new house just for fun. Ohhh yes, the internet is very important. Who else will post with me?!

The MTS has always been there....just not really possible in the old house. MTS will start up in a couple years once the new tank is going strong. It would also help to have a roomie that could help me with them....gonna have to work on that one though.

Indeed..let the new tank become really established first. Once everything has totally stable-ized, then you can satisfy the MTS with a couple more tanks. Wait until you are comfortable with the original system first though. Once it's the way you want it, you can set up the 180 in the bedroom.

I dont see you having problems, or needing a chiller. I think the tank will be fine with keeping a stable temp.

Good. Only time will tell with that one. Why is waiting the answer for everything these days?! ]

No problem, just let me know. I have them saved on a CD along with his powerpoint presentation. Its very simple to make and to set up.

Nice nice...it better be cheap too. Like anything in this hobby is. *still pushing for youth discounts* :>( I can try to win one at one of the club meetings or conferences or something. That's always a good way to get new toys.

How could I?

Dunno.

There are 3 frags of it out right now....but I dont want to lose the original. It just wouldnt be the same.

That's true...there's a saying about that. An original is always worth more than a copy. Dare I ask...may I see a picture of the original? And I dont mean the avatar...

Reality bites......daydreams are so much better. I can have whatever I want in daydreams

Yeah...that's true. But reality doesn't bite all the time. I mean, you truly are getting your dream tank. That's not something to complain about! Keep your chin up.

Hmmm...seems I have the most recent post again. Oh no. *giggles*

Oh Nate...watch out for that...FLYING LOB OF CREAM CHEESE! Too late buddy.

*dies laughing*

I think we've officially scared every other soul away from this thread.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
[/font]

Last edited by Ferretfish at 01-May-2005 15:39

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Hey, I like it! Every master bedroom should be equipped like that! It only seems logical to me.

I was looking at the bedroom today, and there is actually a nice wall that a 75g or 72g would fit on...I think im gonna be in trouble in a couple more years.

Halides are bright though...that's why I said use the T5's or the actinics for supplementation, that way it's gradual. Also mimics sunrise/sunset a little better, dont you think?

As for the 180, I say keep it, you've put so much work into it already. It can be a LPS/softies tank, with a few SPS frags if you really wanted. Or, you can do fairy wrasses...!

Yup, sunrise/sunset is a nice effect....If/when I set up the 180 I will probably do LPS and softies in it only....that way I dont have to have them in the new tank. Ill probably still have rics on the sand bed of the new tank though, but just cause they dont spread like wildfire.

Hmm...maybe I should start listening to some of my own advice instead of just giving it. Normally waiting wouldn't bother me too much either...it's just the fact that this tank has not met any of the deadlines that I've set for it.

Deadlines are good to have...but in a hobby where things cost so much and take so much time to make sure they are done correctly, pushing things back happens.......and yes, you do need to start listening to some of your own advice. You also need to keep giving it because it helps to hear it sometimes.

I agree. If I know you well enough, you'll get exactly what you want out of it. I dont think you spent months looking for the perfect new house just for fun. Ohhh yes, the internet is very important. Who else will post with me?!

ugh, dont remind me about how many houses we looked at. That one Sat. that we looked at 32 houses almost killed me.

Im gonna try to work it so I dont have any downtime with internet at all.

Good. Only time will tell with that one. Why is waiting the answer for everything these days?!

Seems like that is the way things go, especially lately. Waiting isnt all that bad though. It has its ups and downs. I wouldnt worry about it though...I HIGHLY doubt you will need a chiller. If you do though, I know where to get one *looks in garage at underrated chiller for the new tanks size*

Nice nice...it better be cheap too. Like anything in this hobby is. *still pushing for youth discounts* :>( I can try to win one at one of the club meetings or conferences or something. That's always a good way to get new toys.

Its actually cheap to make...total cost without the pump needed to run it is around $50. The pump isnt a huge pump either, maybe a $15 pump/powerhead.

Meetings are always a good place to get stuff.....like skimmers, books, etc. Kip and myself have been donating quite a bit of stuff to the monthly meetings for both RMRC and the Northern Colorado chapter of RMRC.

That's true...there's a saying about that. An original is always worth more than a copy. Dare I ask...may I see a picture of the original? And I dont mean the avatar...

Posted pics to my photobucket account

Copies are never the same....they may come close but they are no substitute for the real thing.

Yeah...that's true. But reality doesn't bite all the time. I mean, you truly are getting your dream tank. That's not something to complain about! Keep your chin up.

The "dream" tank isnt a reality yet! Once it is completely set up and I know im not going to run out of funds to get it there then Ill be happy(ier).

Hmmm...seems I have the most recent post again. Oh no. *giggles*

You do? Seems like I have the upper hand now

Oh Nate...watch out for that...FLYING LOB OF CREAM CHEESE! Too late buddy.

*Dodges lob of cream cheese and fires a counter attack of cool whip* *snort* *sets strawberry on Liana's head to make it perfect*

I think we've officially scared every other soul away from this thread.

I think that happened many many posts ago!

[hr width='40%']

Last edited by DarkRealm Overlord at 02-May-2005 01:06
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
I was looking at the bedroom today, and there is actually a nice wall that a 75g or 72g would fit on...I think im gonna be in trouble in a couple more years.

Okay...I love my 72, I really do. But dont do a 72 in the bedroom. There's just not enough room underneath them, and you wont be able to drill through the floor. I think for the bedroom you're going to have to find a somewhat quiet design too, b/c I'm listening to my tank run now and the overflows and everything are pretty noisy...not sure I could fall asleep listening to that, so you may want to reconsider what you put in your bedroom. A 75 or even a 90 would probably be better...and now a 125 seems to be nice. Or what about a 155 bow? That's a nice size....wait?! What happend to putting the 180 there?

Yup, sunrise/sunset is a nice effect....If/when I set up the 180 I will probably do LPS and softies in it only....that way I dont have to have them in the new tank. Ill probably still have rics on the sand bed of the new tank though, but just cause they dont spread like wildfire.

I loooove the sunrise/sunset effect. The 180 would loook good with LPS/softies IMO, and you could do a couple special fish too...maybe like...the Helfrichi?!?

Deadlines are good to have...but in a hobby where things cost so much and take so much time to make sure they are done correctly, pushing things back happens.......and yes, you do need to start listening to some of your own advice. You also need to keep giving it because it helps to hear it sometimes.

Yeah...there's been many deadlines pushed back unfortunately. I think the only one I've made is actually BUYING the tank. *sigh* Okay...maybe I will...

ugh, dont remind me about how many houses we looked at. That one Sat. that we looked at 32 houses almost killed me.

LMAO...I remember that day. Haha, that was an entertaining one...remember the shed that was like half on the property? *dies laughing* I'm glad you settled on one.

Im gonna try to work it so I dont have any downtime with internet at all.
'

Score...who else will check all my posts?!

Seems like that is the way things go, especially lately. Waiting isnt all that bad though. It has its ups and downs. I wouldnt worry about it though...I HIGHLY doubt you will need a chiller. If you do though, I know where to get one *looks in garage at underrated chiller for the new tanks size*

Good. And niiice...got a spare AM one hanging around?

Its actually cheap to make...total cost without the pump needed to run it is around $50. The pump isnt a huge pump either, maybe a $15 pump/powerhead.

Nice...only a $75 project! That's cheap.

"That's true...there's a saying about that. An original is always worth more than a copy. Dare I ask...may I see a picture of the original? And I dont mean the avatar..."

I hope L. spp is still hanging in there...I saw the pictures...

Copies are never the same....they may come close but they are no substitute for the real thing.

I couldn't agree more.

The "dream" tank isnt a reality yet! Once it is completely set up and I know im not going to run out of funds to get it there then Ill be happy(ier).

Wait. Is it possible to set up a new reef w/o running out of funds...? I didn't think it was.

You do? Seems like I have the upper hand now

Only for a bit. Been busy with AP exams and whatnot coming up...

*Dodges lob of cream cheese and fires a counter attack of cool whip* *snort* *sets strawberry on Liana's head to make it perfect*

Well...I think that's a Kodak moment! *smiles* *uses silicone gun to shoot cream cheese at Nate* bwahaha

I think that happened many many posts ago!

Mmm...yeah actually you're probably right. Nobody else will touch this thread since I attacked it. Sorry.

Hows everybody hanging in? Akia included.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
Life’s tough,
Get a helmet.
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Okay...I love my 72, I really do. But dont do a 72 in the bedroom. There's just not enough room underneath them, and you wont be able to drill through the floor.

Of course I could drill through the floor.....the master bedroom is right above the part that will be the fish room

I think for the bedroom you're going to have to find a somewhat quiet design too, b/c I'm listening to my tank run now and the overflows and everything are pretty noisy...not sure I could fall asleep listening to that, so you may want to reconsider what you put in your bedroom.

You would be suprised with what you get use to....until its not there anymore. Now that the tank is not up and running, I cant stand it being dead quiet. Not only that, but I actually have to turn lights on in the house now

A 75 or even a 90 would probably be better...and now a 125 seems to be nice. Or what about a 155 bow? That's a nice size....wait?! What happend to putting the 180 there?

The 180 would go in one of the closet openings.....the other tank (as long as its 4 ft) will fit nicely in this one spot against the wall

I loooove the sunrise/sunset effect. The 180 would loook good with LPS/softies IMO, and you could do a couple special fish too...maybe like...the Helfrichi?!?

The 180 will most likely be used as a LPS/softies/RBTA tank and also for frags. Helfrichi isnt a special fish...Princess anthias are special Ill probably end up getting a Helfrichi sometime though

LMAO...I remember that day. Haha, that was an entertaining one...remember the shed that was like half on the property? *dies laughing* I'm glad you settled on one

yeah, the guy that was mad at the IRS so he gave his garage to the neighbors. I cant believe that they drug it off the foundation

I knew what I wanted for quite awhile.....it just took me a lot of looking before I found it

Score...who else will check all my posts?!

No need to check your posts...you do great on all of them. I did get the internet figured out though. I ended up getting a new phone that is internet ready.....now I can check up anytime I want

Good. And niiice...got a spare AM one hanging around?

Yup, I sure do How did you know? Its [link=This]http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AQ2115" style="COLOR: #FF0000[/link] chiller. I guess I could keep it and run it on the 180, but I doubt Ill need it.

I hope L. spp is still hanging in there...I saw the pictures...

I think I lost the L. spp Its hard to tell if it just bleached or if it started to RTN again. Keep your fingers crossed, Im gonna look at it under a scope tomorrow night and try to tell if it still has tissue/polyps or not. If I did lose it I will be crushed....atleast there are a couple frags of it out there. I should have fragged it sooner and more often to spread them around more

Ill be adding more pictures this weekend....I hate to do it, but I feel I have to take pictures of all the skeletons.

Wait. Is it possible to set up a new reef w/o running out of funds...? I didn't think it was.

Well, since the phone died and I had to buy a new one, funds are very low now. So low that I dont think the tank will be set up for quite awhile. We will see.....Im hoping that I can get it up and going so I can start over before I get so discouraged that I dont want to even have a tank.

Only for a bit. Been busy with AP exams and whatnot coming up...

Missed you posting....glad you had time to stop in Keep up on the studying though

Well...I think that's a Kodak moment! *smiles* *uses silicone gun to shoot cream cheese at Nate* bwahaha

What am I suppose to say? Im speachless!

Mmm...yeah actually you're probably right. Nobody else will touch this thread since I attacked it. Sorry.

Dont be sorry....Im enjoying it

Hows everybody hanging in? Akia included

Akia is doing fine..talked to mom tonight and she said the pills the vet gave her are working. Shes back to her old self again running around and barking

Im hanging in there I guess....its been pretty rough lately.

......and you already know how the corals are doing.

[hr width='40%']
Now who will be the one to dry my tears?
Who will be the one to chase away my fears?
Your love was like a guiding light
That kept me safe all day, all night.
Without you here in my life
I'm scared, I'm lost. Nothing is right

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Of course I could drill through the floor.....the master bedroom is right above the part that will be the fish room

Well doesn't that work well! I didn't think that things would work out that perfectly. Hah, that's awesome. I'll tell you what I think of the bowfront idea after mine is set up, then you can decide.

You would be suprised with what you get use to....until its not there anymore. Now that the tank is not up and running, I cant stand it being dead quiet. Not only that, but I actually have to turn lights on in the house now

I understand your point, but I'm listening to my overflows and everthing go right now, and I honestly dont see how someone could sleep with it. You better have a way to quiet it down a bit or else you're just going to hear Niagara Falls all night long. I like the little noises that the tanks in my room make, but I dont think I'll ever fall asleep in the room with the reef. The dead quiet is an eerie sound...I dont blame you. *wonders if the police will come investigate the new house once your tank is up b/c of the weird blue glow coming out of the front windows* I think that happend to Calfo.

Side note...*remembers Calfo saying he has a purple minivan*

The 180 would go in one of the closet openings.....the other tank (as long as its 4 ft) will fit nicely in this one spot against the wall

2 tanks for your master bedroom?! Well isn't somebody spoiled. ] Lol, if you're going to do the one non-sps tank, what's the other one going to have? And will you put them on the same system?

The 180 will most likely be used as a LPS/softies/RBTA tank and also for frags. Helfrichi isnt a special fish...Princess anthias are special Ill probably end up getting a Helfrichi sometime though

Indeed, Princess Anthias are very special, they've been one of my favorite fish for a long time now. But you know I love the Helfrichi just as much, it'd be so cool to see one of those in one of your tanks, since I doubt I could get my hands on one here. >.<

yeah, the guy that was mad at the IRS so he gave his garage to the neighbors. I cant believe that they drug it off the foundation

Yeah I remember that, that was priceless.

I knew what I wanted for quite awhile.....it just took me a lot of looking before I found it

I've got one response to that one Nate. In life, the best things are always worth the wait.

No need to check your posts...you do great on all of them. I did get the internet figured out though. I ended up getting a new phone that is internet ready.....now I can check up anytime I want

Not always, I do make mistakes. It's impossible to be an expert in this hobby, you should know that. Internet phone? Very cool! So I guess dropping the other phone in the tank wasn't a complete loss now was it?

Yup, I sure do How did you know? Its This chiller. I guess I could keep it and run it on the 180, but I doubt Ill need it.

Wow, that was a pure guess on my part, but it wasn't too hard to figure out, considering 3/4's of your reef stuff is AM. Doh! Idk if I'll need it either, so I guess it's storage for now.

I think I lost the L. spp Its hard to tell if it just bleached or if it started to RTN again. Keep your fingers crossed, Im gonna look at it under a scope tomorrow night and try to tell if it still has tissue/polyps or not. If I did lose it I will be crushed....atleast there are a couple frags of it out there. I should have fragged it sooner and more often to spread them around more

Fingers are and have been crossed...

If you had fragged sooner...it was a small piece to begin with...I dont know...

Ill be adding more pictures this weekend....I hate to do it, but I feel I have to take pictures of all the skeletons.

It might actually come in handy one day...you just dont know. Just promise you wont let it discourage you...

Well, since the phone died and I had to buy a new one, funds are very low now. So low that I dont think the tank will be set up for quite awhile. We will see.....Im hoping that I can get it up and going so I can start over before I get so discouraged that I dont want to even have a tank.

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

Missed you posting....glad you had time to stop in Keep up on the studying though

Uggg...it's almost over. AP bio test on Monday...just 3 more days. >.< I've been at extra help every single day this week, plus we have a double period of bio every day, that's a LOT of biology review. There are some nice things though...for one, I'm an expert on the Nitrogen cycle, I'm really good at dissolved oxygen, and I'm really good with the echinoderms, mollusca, cnidaria, and others. Hmm...it's nice when your hobby helps you in school! I'm good with symbiosis too, I know all special types of relationships...my example for the one where one organism benefits and the other is unaffected was the anenome and the clownfish. *feels smart*

What am I suppose to say? Im speachless!

*shrugs and laughs*

]

Dont be sorry....Im enjoying it

Haha, I'm glad you like listening to my neverending questions. Someones gotta do it!

Akia is doing fine..talked to mom tonight and she said the pills the vet gave her are working. Shes back to her old self again running around and barking

Well that's good to hear. I'm glad she's herself again, I wouldn't want to see her any other way. She's such a cutie!

Im hanging in there I guess....its been pretty rough lately.

Keep your chin up. Things will get better, I promise.

......and you already know how the corals are doing.

Unfortunately...yes.

Are we down to superman monti and L. spp...hopefully?

Blech...

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Well doesn't that work well! I didn't think that things would work out that perfectly. Hah, that's awesome. I'll tell you what I think of the bowfront idea after mine is set up, then you can decide

Please do....I dont think you will have any complaints though. Especially since you modified the stand to get the filter size under it that you wanted.

I understand your point, but I'm listening to my overflows and everthing go right now, and I honestly dont see how someone could sleep with it. You better have a way to quiet it down a bit or else you're just going to hear Niagara Falls all night long. I like the little noises that the tanks in my room make, but I dont think I'll ever fall asleep in the room with the reef. The dead quiet is an eerie sound...I dont blame you.

Couple questions for you Are you running your pump wide open? Are your standpipes 1 inch like the hole in the bottom of the tank, or 1.5 inch?

I know the sound you are talking about and its normally a pretty easy fix Ill explain it once you answer the questions

*wonders if the police will come investigate the new house once your tank is up b/c of the weird blue glow coming out of the front windows* I think that happend to Calfo

I think that is pretty common.....same thing happened to me when I moved into the "old" house and got the tank up and running.

Side note...*remembers Calfo saying he has a purple minivan*

He does! Ive seen pictures

2 tanks for your master bedroom?! Well isn't somebody spoiled. Lol, if you're going to do the one non-sps tank, what's the other one going to have? And will you put them on the same system?

2 tanks minimum AND I'm not spoiled....remember the plan is for a house full of tanks and frags

Well, I havent decided yet what will go in them I was thinking about getting another mantis since I lost mine last year during the move to the "old" house. If I do another mantis, it will be a Peacock

The ones in the bedroom will most likely share a system.....I dont know exactly how Ill do it yet, but Im sure Ill figure something out

Indeed, Princess Anthias are very special, they've been one of my favorite fish for a long time now. But you know I love the Helfrichi just as much, it'd be so cool to see one of those in one of your tanks, since I doubt I could get my hands on one here. >.<

Yup, I know how much you love that fish...and Ill most likely end up getting one. It might be a couple years though.

I've got one response to that one Nate. In life, the best things are always worth the wait.

I couldnt agree more. Sometimes waiting is sooooo hard though.

Not always, I do make mistakes. It's impossible to be an expert in this hobby, you should know that. Internet phone? Very cool! So I guess dropping the other phone in the tank wasn't a complete loss now was it?

Exactly, everyone makes mistakes....I know I do! Everything is changing so fast in this side of the hobby that it is hard to keep up!

Yup, internet capable phone....now I can read posts whenever I want Its hard to get work done when you can check posts and surf the net Dropping the phone in the tank wasnt a total loss....it just cost me $618 for a new phone Not something that I was expecting to have to buy, but it worked out. Now I dont have to carry my Pocket PC and a phone since its all in one now

Wow, that was a pure guess on my part, but it wasn't too hard to figure out, considering 3/4's of your reef stuff is AM. Doh! Idk if I'll need it either, so I guess it's storage for now.

If you do need it, you know where to get it for cheap. Ill sell it to you at cost plus shipping. I only paid $225 for it and its brand new

Fingers are and have been crossed...

If you had fragged sooner...it was a small piece to begin with...I dont know...

Im scared to go check on it...I looked at it again this morning and it looks pretty sad. I think it RTN'd but keep your fingers crossed.

It was a smaller colony, but atleast I would have had more frags. I bet I could have gotten all of them back and made a big frag.

It might actually come in handy one day...you just dont know. Just promise you wont let it discourage you...

Ill try to not let it discourage me....its hard to do though. Nothing like looking at a holding tank of bone white dead SPS.

Uggg...it's almost over. AP bio test on Monday...just 3 more days. >.< I've been at extra help every single day this week, plus we have a double period of bio every day, that's a LOT of biology review. There are some nice things though...for one, I'm an expert on the Nitrogen cycle, I'm really good at dissolved oxygen, and I'm really good with the echinoderms, mollusca, cnidaria, and others. Hmm...it's nice when your hobby helps you in school! I'm good with symbiosis too, I know all special types of relationships...my example for the one where one organism benefits and the other is unaffected was the anenome and the clownfish. *feels smart*

Just keep your chin up....it will all pay off in the long run.

Keep your chin up. Things will get better, I promise.

I sure hope they will get better. I honestly think the last couple months have been the hardest I have ever had to deal with...and thats saying quite a bit considering what Ive been through in my life.

Are we down to superman monti and L. spp...hopefully?

Yup, down to just those two (if the L.spp. made/makes it). I even lost my Oregon tort On an upbeat note....Cris Capp and quite a few others have called and said I was invited to frags of anything in their tanks. I think im gonna go wild when I go over to see Cris. [link=This]http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-02/totm/index.htm" style="COLOR: #FF0000[/link] is Cris Capps tank before his move last year. It too crashed and he lost everything. His new tank is just as impressive too!

Blech...

Couldnt have said it better.

[hr width='40%']

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Please do....I dont think you will have any complaints though. Especially since you modified the stand to get the filter size under it that you wanted.

Yes, the modified stand did help a lot. I think my only complaint is going to be, "Why didn't I get the 155 bowfront?!"

Couple questions for you Are you running your pump wide open? Are your standpipes 1 inch like the hole in the bottom of the tank, or 1.5 inch?

Um um um...idk...and I'm not strong enough to move the tank w/o Daddy...even with all the "moving men" we put on the bottom of the stand. I've got the standard AGA tank, with the normal AGA overflow kit...you know the deal. I'll try to find out later anyway though...

I think that is pretty common.....same thing happened to me when I moved into the "old" house and got the tank up and running.

I couldn't remember if it was you or Calfo who told me, now I'm pretty sure it's both of you. Actually, his story involved a helicopter, b/c he's got an entire friggen coral propagating green house in his backyard. Which, well, c'mon, for PA that's a little unusual.

He does! Ive seen pictures

ROFLMAO!!!

*dies laughing*

]

2 tanks minimum AND I'm not spoiled....remember the plan is for a house full of tanks and frags

And how does that make you not spoiled?! A house full of tanks and frags sounds amazing. Lucky Lucky.

Well, I havent decided yet what will go in them I was thinking about getting another mantis since I lost mine last year during the move to the "old" house. If I do another mantis, it will be a Peacock

Haha. I think it's more important to decide what's going into the dream cube right now then your bedroom tanks. Mantis would be cool, there's a neat one at Atlantis. I dont know what kind it is though, I haven't done much research on them. I sorta just stay away...now you are keeping me on my toes. I gotta look these up now.

The ones in the bedroom will most likely share a system.....I dont know exactly how Ill do it yet, but Im sure Ill figure something out

Nice nice. There's gotta be some way to do it. I had an idea, but it was way too wild. I gotta tone it down a bit and think about it more.

Yup, I know how much you love that fish...and Ill most likely end up getting one. It might be a couple years though.

*imitates little girl from Willy Wonka*

But I want one nowwwwwwwww!!! If I cant have one in my tank I want to at least be able to see one in your tank, that's like the next best thing. Please?

I couldnt agree more. Sometimes waiting is sooooo hard though.

Indeed, it definately is. But it makes the end result so much better. You should know that, being in reefing for 3 years now. Keep your chin up.

Exactly, everyone makes mistakes....I know I do! Everything is changing so fast in this side of the hobby that it is hard to keep up!

Yeah, tell me about it! I always think I finally have something figured out, and then BOOM! there's another twist. I just wish there was a "pause" button or something. WOuldn't that be nice?

Yup, internet capable phone....now I can read posts whenever I want Its hard to get work done when you can check posts and surf the net Dropping the phone in the tank wasnt a total loss....it just cost me $618 for a new phone Not something that I was expecting to have to buy, but it worked out. Now I dont have to carry my Pocket PC and a phone since its all in one now

Okay, so an expensive mistake. I think everyone in the hobby is used to those. Internet capable phone sounds like something I could make good use of in global class.

If you do need it, you know where to get it for cheap. Ill sell it to you at cost plus shipping. I only paid $225 for it and its brand new

Sweet sweet, we'll see what happens. Like you said, I dont think I'll even need it. It's just a security blanket thing really.

Im scared to go check on it...I looked at it again this morning and it looks pretty sad. I think it RTN'd but keep your fingers crossed.

*fingers crossed*

It was a smaller colony, but atleast I would have had more frags. I bet I could have gotten all of them back and made a big frag.

Maybe...just maybe...but it's too late now anyway, so there's not much you can do about it...

Ill try to not let it discourage me....its hard to do though. Nothing like looking at a holding tank of bone white dead SPS

I cant even imagine...and I hope I never have to...

Just keep your chin up....it will all pay off in the long run.

Oh it better...if I dont get a 4 or a 5 on this test I'll cry.

I sure hope they will get better. I honestly think the last couple months have been the hardest I have ever had to deal with...and thats saying quite a bit considering what Ive been through in my life.

*nods* Give it time Nate, give things time...

Yup, down to just those two (if the L.spp. made/makes it). I even lost my Oregon tort On an upbeat note....Cris Capp and quite a few others have called and said I was invited to frags of anything in their tanks. I think im gonna go wild when I go over to see Cris. This is Cris Capps tank before his move last year. It too crashed and he lost everything. His new tank is just as impressive too!

Well that's good. These are the times when having a great reef club really pays off. No reefer should be without a good club, it just wouldn't be right. I'm so glad I got involved with mine.

Couldnt have said it better.

>.<

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Yes, the modified stand did help a lot. I think my only complaint is going to be, "Why didn't I get the 155 bowfront?!"

The bigger tank can come later. 72 is a good size for a first tank, and believe it or not it will take awhile to fill up depending on how you want to stock it.

Um um um...idk...and I'm not strong enough to move the tank w/o Daddy...even with all the "moving men" we put on the bottom of the stand. I've got the standard AGA tank, with the normal AGA overflow kit...you know the deal. I'll try to find out later anyway though...

Ok, let me know and Ill give you some suggestions....easy problem to fix if its what I think it is.

I couldn't remember if it was you or Calfo who told me, now I'm pretty sure it's both of you. Actually, his story involved a helicopter, b/c he's got an entire friggen coral propagating green house in his backyard. Which, well, c'mon, for PA that's a little unusual.

Ive heard the story too There are some stories he tells that you believe, but realise that it could only happen to him!

And how does that make you not spoiled?! A house full of tanks and frags sounds amazing. Lucky Lucky

Just because it doesnt

Haha. I think it's more important to decide what's going into the dream cube right now then your bedroom tanks. Mantis would be cool, there's a neat one at Atlantis. I dont know what kind it is though, I haven't done much research on them. I sorta just stay away...now you are keeping me on my toes. I gotta look these up now.

[link=http://www.blueboard.com/mantis/]http://www.blueboard.com/mantis/" style="COLOR: #FF0000[/link]

I think ill work on the cube first.....but it doesnt hurt to plan out the other tanks a little ahead of time does it?

Nice nice. There's gotta be some way to do it. I had an idea, but it was way too wild. I gotta tone it down a bit and think about it more.

I dont think you can get too wild in this hobby....wanna see a pic of the back of Dels tank again?

*imitates little girl from Willy Wonka*

But I want one nowwwwwwwww!!! If I cant have one in my tank I want to at least be able to see one in your tank, that's like the next best thing. Please?

Ok, ok....since you asked like that!

Indeed, it definately is. But it makes the end result so much better. You should know that, being in reefing for 3 years now. Keep your chin up.

Oh sure, give away my hobby experience

The end result is what makes it worth it. If I couldnt think a couple years down the road and visualise it then I probably couldnt handle it. My chin is always up...well most of the time anyway.

Yeah, tell me about it! I always think I finally have something figured out, and then BOOM! there's another twist. I just wish there was a "pause" button or something. WOuldn't that be nice?

pause or fast forward would be nice...rewind might come in handy sometimes too

Okay, so an expensive mistake. I think everyone in the hobby is used to those. Internet capable phone sounds like something I could make good use of in global class.

Ive been making good use of it thats for sure. Im sure the novelty of it will die off after awhile, but its still a nice feature to have....only bad thing is chat doesnt work too well on it.

Maybe...just maybe...but it's too late now anyway, so there's not much you can do about it...

I know, I know

*nods* Give it time Nate, give things time...

I plan on it....

Well that's good. These are the times when having a great reef club really pays off. No reefer should be without a good club, it just wouldn't be right. I'm so glad I got involved with mine

Me too....clubs are def. worth it IMO. Not only are there benefits of group buys, etc, but you make some good friends too.

[hr width='40%']

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
The bigger tank can come later. 72 is a good size for a first tank, and believe it or not it will take awhile to fill up depending on how you want to stock it.

Yes yes. Patience right? Hmprh. When I'm at work I usually recommend 75's or bigger for a first tank, but now that I'm in the reef club I feel like mine is the smallest. >.< Tony has a 400 gallon SPS reef. I guess for my age it's pretty reasonable though. I dont think I could afford anything much larger, b/c heck I can barely afford this.

Ok, let me know and Ill give you some suggestions....easy problem to fix if its what I think it is.

I didn't check yet...I just dont want to forget so I'm *bumping* this.

Ive heard the story too There are some stories he tells that you believe, but realise that it could only happen to him!

I know, that guy is one of a kind. When he told us the helicopter story at NERAC we kind of all just fell off our chairs laughing. Same thing happend when Joe told us how to get 26 heni's out of a 20K gallon tank.

Just because it doesnt

Yeah okay! Whatever.

I think ill work on the cube first.....but it doesnt hurt to plan out the other tanks a little ahead of time does it?

Nope, course not. Those mantis are very neat...I think that's the one Joe has at Atlantis. I'll have to go digging through my photos to see if I can find a pic of him. At the next reef club meeting I'm hopefully arranging volunteer work with him, even though I'm too young. I'm so excited.

I dont think you can get too wild in this hobby....wanna see a pic of the back of Dels tank again?

I guess that's true. NO! Del's tank makes me dizzy.

Ok, ok....since you asked like that!

Hehehehe. *grins*

Oh sure, give away my hobby experience

Well, s'not exactly a secret is it? Sawwy. But, but, on RC it already says doesn't it?

The end result is what makes it worth it. If I couldnt think a couple years down the road and visualise it then I probably couldnt handle it. My chin is always up...well most of the time anyway.

If it's always up then how come I have to remind you so often?

pause or fast forward would be nice...rewind might come in handy sometimes too

That's what I was thinking; pause would be the most convenient, but rewind and fastforward could be JUST as handy.

Ive been making good use of it thats for sure. Im sure the novelty of it will die off after awhile, but its still a nice feature to have....only bad thing is chat doesnt work too well on it.

Haha, how do you manage to keep up and type so fast? Is it like, a special keyboard or is is a normal cell phone keypad? *is confused* I tried using chat/fp on my moms palm pilot once, it was so hard I just gave up. >.<

I know, I know

Hang in there.

Me too....clubs are def. worth it IMO. Not only are there benefits of group buys, etc, but you make some good friends too.

Indeed. We have a club PAR meter thingy, and everyones really nice. Especially since it's such a small club, everyones really familiar with each other for the most part. And when you're first setting up a tank, everybody likes to donate beginner frags and stuff, it's really cool. I've been given a lot of offers already, it's really sweet. Plus they know all the best places to get equipment and livestock b/c they're all older and been in the hobby longer. There is one kid close to my age, we're the two youngest in the club. I'm hoping I can convince him to take up diving with me. Then I'll have a dive buddy and I wont have to learn alone. That'd be awesome.

So how is the new tank coming along? Do you have any dates for completion? I'm excited to see this one.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Yes yes. Patience right? Hmprh. When I'm at work I usually recommend 75's or bigger for a first tank, but now that I'm in the reef club I feel like mine is the smallest. >.< Tony has a 400 gallon SPS reef. I guess for my age it's pretty reasonable though. I dont think I could afford anything much larger, b/c heck I can barely afford this.

Yup, Patience......in a couple more years you can have bigger tanks. Dont feel bad...My 180 was the smallest compared to 90% of them

I didn't check yet...I just dont want to forget so I'm *bumping* this

Reminding you to check

Nope, course not. Those mantis are very neat...I think that's the one Joe has at Atlantis. I'll have to go digging through my photos to see if I can find a pic of him. At the next reef club meeting I'm hopefully arranging volunteer work with him, even though I'm too young. I'm so excited.

Very cool Liana. I think you will like volunteering....I hope Joe can hook you up

I guess that's true. NO! Del's tank makes me dizzy

Im gonna steal Dels Crown You just wait

Well, s'not exactly a secret is it? Sawwy. But, but, on RC it already says doesn't it?

I never tell people......On RC it just says "not nearly as long as most people think" I always make people guess then i dont tell them the actual time Ive been in the hobby

If it's always up then how come I have to remind you so often?

You reminding me is the reason its up...if it wasnt for you I would be looking at the ground with a big ole pouty lip sticking out

That's what I was thinking; pause would be the most convenient, but rewind and fastforward could be JUST as handy

Yes indeed.....I just got an idea for a new thread

Haha, how do you manage to keep up and type so fast? Is it like, a special keyboard or is is a normal cell phone keypad? *is confused* I tried using chat/fp on my moms palm pilot once, it was so hard I just gave up. >.<

It has a slide out keyboard....mini version of a computer keyboard Only problem is that chat doesnt refresh fast enough on it so its a tad slow.

Hang in there.

Plan on it

So how is the new tank coming along? Do you have any dates for completion? I'm excited to see this one

Before Christmas 2009 Im hoping.....never know the way things have been going lately. Seems like Im spending money on things left and right.

[hr width='40%']
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Yup, Patience......in a couple more years you can have bigger tanks. Dont feel bad...My 180 was the smallest compared to 90% of them

Yikes! Yeah now I'm starting to think that a tank isn't considered big until 180. But that theory just blows out the wall when you see Joe's tank.

Reminding you to check

*reminding self again*

Very cool Liana. I think you will like volunteering....I hope Joe can hook you up

He def. will. I've got "connections" plus I know the place really well. I can't wait to get started. I need the volunteer work for NHS too. And I'd love to work with Joe.

Im gonna steal Dels Crown You just wait

NO stealing Nate!

I'll make you your own crown, made of ball valves and a...SUPER SQUIRT!

I never tell people......On RC it just says "not nearly as long as most people think" I always make people guess then i dont tell them the actual time Ive been in the hobby

Oh well aren't you sly Mr. DRO. *giggles* How did I know then?

You reminding me is the reason its up...if it wasnt for you I would be looking at the ground with a big ole pouty lip sticking out

Aww. I'm just a hyper active new reefer that's all.

Yes indeed.....I just got an idea for a new thread

New thread? Where? I get to be the first to post on it considering I inspired it. Shotty.

It has a slide out keyboard....mini version of a computer keyboard Only problem is that chat doesnt refresh fast enough on it so its a tad slow.

Neat neat! Sounds awesome. That's what happend with chat on my moms thingy. That, and I also sucked at writing with the special pen.

Plan on it

Good good.

Before Christmas 2009 Im hoping.....never know the way things have been going lately. Seems like Im spending money on things left and right.

Oh Nate...you told me it was gunna be up by MACNA! *kicks adulthood for you*

And this should probably go on my thread, not yours, but while I'm here...hook me up with some links to thermometer unit thingys please? And there was something else I wanted your input on too...but I cant remember now. Oh well, next time.

It's your turn to post again.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Yikes! Yeah now I'm starting to think that a tank isn't considered big until 180. But that theory just blows out the wall when you see Joe's tank.

I use to think 180 was big too...not anymore I dont think I'll even be happy with the 300. *shrugs*

*reminding self again*

And again

He def. will. I've got "connections" plus I know the place really well. I can't wait to get started. I need the volunteer work for NHS too. And I'd love to work with Joe.

Thats great....nothing like killing two birds with one stone

NO stealing Nate!

I'll make you your own crown, made of ball valves and a...SUPER SQUIRT!

When will I get this crown you speak of? I would feel bad stealing Dels crown......he might break a hip when he started chasing me

Oh well aren't you sly Mr. DRO. *giggles* How did I know then?

I try to be You only knew cause I told you

Aww. I'm just a hyper active new reefer that's all.

Nothing wrong with that at all...it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps things interesting

New thread? Where? I get to be the first to post on it considering I inspired it. Shotty

Ill post it today....It will probably be a poll. I guess if you want to be the first to post then I have to wait till you are online?

Neat neat! Sounds awesome. That's what happend with chat on my moms thingy. That, and I also sucked at writing with the special pen.

It takes some getting use to, but the new phone is the same as my old PDA was except it....well has the phone built into it and also has the keyboard.

Oh Nate...you told me it was gunna be up by MACNA! *kicks adulthood for you*

I wanted to have it up by MACNA Things keep coming up though. I do have a suprise (kinda sorta) that I placed an order for

Keep kicking.....it seems adulthood likes to kick back though so be careful

And this should probably go on my thread, not yours, but while I'm here...hook me up with some links to thermometer unit thingys please? And there was something else I wanted your input on too...but I cant remember now. Oh well, next time.

Here are a couple that I know are good...the first link is to the ones that I use. The second link is to one that MD has on special this month if you got are on the mailing list. Ill link to the specials page also incase you are not signed up for their emails (which I think you should be).

Rainbow lifeguard digital thermometers

And the one that is on special this month........

American Marine Pinpoint Wireless Aquarium Digital Thermometer System

Here is the newsletter with the specials on it....its not a big savings but every little bit helps. Sign up for the newsletter if you havent already. There should be a link on MD's homepage for it.

It's your turn to post again.

I did....now its your turn

[hr width='40%']

Last edited by DarkRealm Overlord at 08-May-2005 00:43
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
I use to think 180 was big too...not anymore I dont think I'll even be happy with the 300. *shrugs*

People think my 72 is big. I've found out it's cooler to say "I have a 100 gallon system" as opposed to "I have a 72 gallon tank." I think my tank is a nice size, but by no means is it BIG. I consider 180 a big tank, and anything after that. But still, compared to what others have, it's so small! I just can't get Joe's tank out of my head. Have you ever seen Daniel Knopps? His is big too. I can't remember the gallonage...but yeah.

And again

And one more time! I can't move the tank by myself. >.<

Thats great....nothing like killing two birds with one stone

Yup. Everytime I look into Joe's tank I see something new. It's crazy...no matter how many times I look at it I ALWAYS find something different. If you're ever over here make sure you pay a visit to him, it's well worth it.

When will I get this crown you speak of? I would feel bad stealing Dels crown......he might break a hip when he started chasing me

Haha, I will make you the crown when I have SPS in my tank. No breaking Del!!!

I try to be You only knew cause I told you

Oh. *didn't know it was a secret*

Nothing wrong with that at all...it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps things interesting

Good. Works for me. Gotta keep everyone active and posting.

Ill post it today....It will probably be a poll. I guess if you want to be the first to post then I have to wait till you are online?

Yes please.

It takes some getting use to, but the new phone is the same as my old PDA was except it....well has the phone built into it and also has the keyboard.

Gotcha. So can you like, make posts? Or does it take ages?

I wanted to have it up by MACNA Things keep coming up though. I do have a suprise (kinda sorta) that I placed an order for

Merph. >.< At this rate, my tank wont even be up by then. Surprise? As in what you showed me in chat?

Keep kicking.....it seems adulthood likes to kick back though so be careful

*continues kicking* This is good exercise. I promise I'll be careful, dont you worry.

Here are a couple that I know are good...the first link is to the ones that I use. The second link is to one that MD has on special this month if you got are on the mailing list. Ill link to the specials page also incase you are not signed up for their emails (which I think you should be).

I am signed up for the emails. Have been for awhile.

Hmm, not too pricey either! Nice nice...I think it's going to be the pH one that's expensive. *hides* I'll pick one of those when I feel like it, honestly I like the first one you linked to the best.

I did....now its your turn

And it's back to you. *smiles*

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
And oh...found pictures of the anenome tank at AMW, other than the 20K reef I really like this one.

Enjoy.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font][/font]

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
Note the size of some of the clarks anenomefish.

I guess it's hard to tell by the picture. >.<

There's lots of pink skunks in there too.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
People think my 72 is big. I've found out it's cooler to say "I have a 100 gallon system" as opposed to "I have a 72 gallon tank." I think my tank is a nice size, but by no means is it BIG. I consider 180 a big tank, and anything after that. But still, compared to what others have, it's so small! I just can't get Joe's tank out of my head. Have you ever seen Daniel Knopps? His is big too. I can't remember the gallonage...but yeah.

72 is a decent sized tank.....not small by any means. I use to think the same thing about my 180. Then about 4 months after having it up and running I was like "hey this isnt as big as I remember it". Ill probably think the same thing with the 300 though....

And one more time! I can't move the tank by myself. >.<

awwww, come on.....flex them muscles

Yup. Everytime I look into Joe's tank I see something new. It's crazy...no matter how many times I look at it I ALWAYS find something different. If you're ever over here make sure you pay a visit to him, it's well worth it.

It would be nice to be able to take a vacation....Ill have to stop and check it out if I ever get over that way. Ive seen plenty of pictures, but we both know pictures dont normally do corals justice.

Haha, I will make you the crown when I have SPS in my tank. No breaking Del!!!

Promise? Ill remember that and even if it takes me years to get it I wont let you forget

Oh. *didn't know it was a secret*

Welllll, its not now Thats ok, its been a fun 3 years packed full of good and bad experiences. Im just hoping that the bad expeiences are done.......only good things lie in wait now (I hope ) I have to admit that I hae learned a LOT in the past year though. Its amazing how much you can continue to learn about this hobby. Starting to keep mainly all SPS a year ago really sparked my interest again.

Good. Works for me. Gotta keep everyone active and posting.

*looks around* I havent really seen anyone other than us post anything. Oh well, we need to keep practicing.

Gotcha. So can you like, make posts? Or does it take ages?

Most posts dont take that long on it....of course it would take me an hour or better on a post like this

Merph. >.< At this rate, my tank wont even be up by then. Surprise? As in what you showed me in chat?

Yup, thats what it WAS It was sold already. I did some more looking and I found another one just like it Im gonna call Serdar and see if he found another one and if not Im gonna order from the other place tomorrow afternoon

Your tank is going faster than mine is.

Hmm, not too pricey either! Nice nice...I think it's going to be the pH one that's expensive. *hides* I'll pick one of those when I feel like it, honestly I like the first one you linked to the best.

The first ones I linked are the ones that I use, and the ones that I ordered in for store use when I was working at the LFS. They work great, and they are accurate.

As far as the PH one....it depends on what you want to get. If you get to the point of running a calcium reactor then I would get a PH computer to make things easier. As for a PH monitor...they really are not that bad considering prices on other things in the hobby.

The one Im getting next is the new Calcium monitor. Gotta keep on top of the toys and make life easier at the same time

[hr width='40%']
Your brown hair and your beautiful eyes
Just send chills down my spine.
The sight of you makes me weak.
My hands shiver, and I cannot speak.

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
You posted short this time. How did things go with picking up the sand (again) and bringing the puppy home?

72 is a decent sized tank.....not small by any means. I use to think the same thing about my 180. Then about 4 months after having it up and running I was like "hey this isnt as big as I remember it". Ill probably think the same thing with the 300 though....

That's already happening to me. When we first brought the tank home, my dad was like "Oh my god...what did we get ourselves into?" But now that it's been here, I keep thinking how on earth am I going to fit everything I want in there...there just isn't much room. If I want a nice rockscape, plus clams rics and zoas on the sand...it just doesn't seem like it'll fit! I guess it'll take some playing, but I've seen people accomplish crazy things in small small tanks...so I'm sure it'll work out. Right?

awwww, come on.....flex them muscles!

Really I tried! The tank is just too heavy with all that water in it...the tank itself weighs more than me, and then there's like 100 gallons of water...not to mention all the pumps and other equipment. Therefore, *reminds self again.* Wait...what exactly am I supposed to be reminding myself of...?

It would be nice to be able to take a vacation....Ill have to stop and check it out if I ever get over that way. Ive seen plenty of pictures, but we both know pictures dont normally do corals justice.

If you're ever out this way I strongly suggest making it a must see. There's a couple of aquariums in this area, there's one in Mystic, and then there's the New York Aquarium, on top of Atlantis Marine World. Then there's the Baltimore Aquarium, and a couple others. Atlantis wins though b/c it has the biggest reef. It's really cool seeing their big truck pull water from the bay to use in their systems. They use 100% NSW, with that many tanks you dont really have another option. The skimmers are so big you cant even imagine. I think it's worth going just to see the reef display, but the anenome tank is neat too, as well as the RBP (even though I dont like those) and the shark tank of course. The shark tank has a BIG moray, reef sharks, lots of full grown Jacks (aren't they so cool as juvies?) and lots of rays, a big seaturtle, and a nurse shark. There's probably more...

You would absolutely love seeing his reef tank though. Besides the fact that he's got anenomes in it...there's the biggest acro colonies ever, and gorgeous anthias. Ohhh makes me want to go back so badly, you just dont get sick of that tank!

Promise? Ill remember that and even if it takes me years to get it I wont let you forget

When my tank is up and plumbed I'll play with the extra parts one day and make you a crown. Fair?

Welllll, its not now Thats ok, its been a fun 3 years packed full of good and bad experiences. Im just hoping that the bad expeiences are done.......only good things lie in wait now (I hope ) I have to admit that I hae learned a LOT in the past year though. Its amazing how much you can continue to learn about this hobby. Starting to keep mainly all SPS a year ago really sparked my interest again.

Oh shush! Nobody else is reading this thread anyway, so it's not like anyone else found out. If you cared that much you'd edit it out anyway. SPS is a whole different topic to learn about...their care tends to be so much different from LPS and softies that you're forced to learn more. I'm learning like crazy, and I still consider myself a beginner b/c I have practically no experience. When you're surrounded by people who know so much more than you you just feel inferior. At work, I'm the smarty pants...but anywhere else I'm not.

*looks around* I havent really seen anyone other than us post anything. Oh well, we need to keep practicing.

Yeahhhh that's true. Cally called our threads "conferences." If more people would just be smart and come to the dark side, then we wouldn't be the only ones talking. Sheesh people...it's almost the same...just add salt. Errr...I take that back. Add salt and plant some money trees. And THEN it's the same. Really.

Most posts dont take that long on it....of course it would take me an hour or better on a post like this

Lol, this is one very informative thread, I wonder how long we'll keep it going for. When you start posting pictures of the actual tank (when you get it) then we might need to start over, so that others actually look at it.

Yup, thats what it WAS It was sold already. I did some more looking and I found another one just like it Im gonna call Serdar and see if he found another one and if not Im gonna order from the other place tomorrow afternoon

Ugg. That's no fair...I bet if you tell Serdar to keep a look out for frags like that he will; is Phishy Business where you got the original L. spp anyway?

By the way...any updates on her? She pulling through? *fingers still crossed* I've been worried. >.<

Your tank is going faster than mine is.

Haha...for now. We'll see if things stay that way! Once you get your tank things will move very quickly I'm sure. Dont forget how long I had my tank w/o anything but dust bunnies and finger prints. Keep your chin up!

The first ones I linked are the ones that I use, and the ones that I ordered in for store use when I was working at the LFS. They work great, and they are accurate.

Well, isn't that all that matters? I'll order one when I decide to splurge on my lights...and if I dont get a free t-shirt I'm going to cry. C'mon, in the past couple weeks I've spent hundreds there...maybe even thousands. I think I deserve my t-shirt now!!!

Speaking of lights...I was going to go with the dual 250 watt halides just so things would come along faster...but now a part of me just says wait and get the T5's. Ugg...it's more time but I think it'll make me happier in the long run, dont you? Plus there's not really THAT much of a price difference when you look at it...Why is everything in this hobby so friggen expensive. *whines*

As far as the PH one....it depends on what you want to get. If you get to the point of running a calcium reactor then I would get a PH computer to make things easier. As for a PH monitor...they really are not that bad considering prices on other things in the hobby.

I dont really know what I want to get, I just feel that the test kits wont be as accurate as I want them to be. I'm feeling like I'll probably end up switching all my kits to Salifert once I'm done cycling...especially when I start with my first SPS frags. I just dont think I trust Tetra enough for them. Calcium is the only reef kit I have...what other ones am I going to end up with? Might as well put them on the MD order...

The one Im getting next is the new Calcium monitor. Gotta keep on top of the toys and make life easier at the same time

Ohhh...sounds fun. Got a link? Something tells me all these gadgets will have to wait until college is over...there's just no room in the budget for them. At NERAC Anthony was showing us all these cool toys, special microscope type thingies that go right up against the glass of your tank, even these wacky night vision goggles that let you see the neon colors of the cnidarians. It was pretty cool, completely uneccesary of course, but cool none the less! That guy never ceases to amaze me. I dont know how he does it. Somebody called me the future female Calfo the other day...I'm not sure how to take that.

Hmmm...last night when I was trying to fall asleep before that stupid test I did draw pictures like I said I would. I think I have to scan them in and post them...I've got two cool ones to share. Actually...three I think. One's an old one that I never posted...*wonders how to work the scanner*

Hey Nate...? It's your turn to post again.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
You posted short this time. How did things go with picking up the sand (again) and bringing the puppy home?

The sand pick ups went well...talk about the most nasty smell in the world though. Im gonna have to spread the sand out on a tarp and let it dry out before sticking it in the tank.

The puppy was safely returned to its owners. They were so happy that he didnt get hurt and that someone who cared picked him up and called them.

That's already happening to me. When we first brought the tank home, my dad was like "Oh my god...what did we get ourselves into?" But now that it's been here, I keep thinking how on earth am I going to fit everything I want in there...there just isn't much room. If I want a nice rockscape, plus clams rics and zoas on the sand...it just doesn't seem like it'll fit! I guess it'll take some playing, but I've seen people accomplish crazy things in small small tanks...so I'm sure it'll work out. Right?

Unfortunately that is reality...we always want what we cant have. You will always want a bigger and better tank, thats just the way it works Im sure you will fit everything in there that you want....well ok, not everything but that is a good thing. It makes you really think about what you want instead of just settling for something. It will all work out....you tank is still a decent size. Im sure you will be happy with it and will figure out a way to make it work.

Really I tried! The tank is just too heavy with all that water in it...the tank itself weighs more than me, and then there's like 100 gallons of water...not to mention all the pumps and other equipment. Therefore, *reminds self again.* Wait...what exactly am I supposed to be reminding myself of...?

ummmm, remember to see if the return pump is going wide open, and same with the returns.

If you're ever out this way I strongly suggest making it a must see. There's a couple of aquariums in this area, there's one in Mystic, and then there's the New York Aquarium, on top of Atlantis Marine World. Then there's the Baltimore Aquarium, and a couple others.

You will have to keep taking pictures when you go to see them.....I doubt I will ever make it there to see them in person though.

When my tank is up and plumbed I'll play with the extra parts one day and make you a crown. Fair?

Works for me...no hurry.

When you're surrounded by people who know so much more than you you just feel inferior. At work, I'm the smarty pants...but anywhere else I'm not.

Not entirely true....you are a "smarty pants" here too....have you went back and read any of your posts, and what about your article?

Lol, this is one very informative thread, I wonder how long we'll keep it going for.

hard to say really.....I think it depends on if we throw some questions and stuff into it or just keep it a conf.

When you start posting pictures of the actual tank (when you get it) then we might need to start over, so that others actually look at it.

I will do that....but its not a matter of when, its a matter of if...I just dont know if I can do it. I checked things tonight and its a total loss....all sps are gone.

is Phishy Business where you got the original L. spp anyway?

Yup, I got the original from Serdar probably 8 months ago. I ordered with Kip and sent Serdar $300 and told him to suprise me with whatever he wanted to send.

By the way...any updates on her? She pulling through? *fingers still crossed* I've been worried. >.<

Im afraid shes gone for good....went to check tonight and there def. isnt any tissue left.

Haha...for now. We'll see if things stay that way! Once you get your tank things will move very quickly I'm sure. Dont forget how long I had my tank w/o anything but dust bunnies and finger prints. Keep your chin up!

Finger Prints and writing.....I remember. Im glad your tank is going well and is getting close to having SW in it. Chin is up only 5% of the time...having a hard time keeping it up anymore than that.

Speaking of lights...I was going to go with the dual 250 watt halides just so things would come along faster...but now a part of me just says wait and get the T5's. Ugg...it's more time but I think it'll make me happier in the long run, dont you? Plus there's not really THAT much of a price difference when you look at it...Why is everything in this hobby so friggen expensive. *whines*

You already know what I will say to that.....buy what you want the first time instead of having to spend more money later to get it because you werent happy on what you settled on. You are correct....the price difference isnt that much, especially considering its what you want.

I dont really know what I want to get, I just feel that the test kits wont be as accurate as I want them to be. I'm feeling like I'll probably end up switching all my kits to Salifert once I'm done cycling...especially when I start with my first SPS frags. I just dont think I trust Tetra enough for them. Calcium is the only reef kit I have...what other ones am I going to end up with? Might as well put them on the MD order...

The main test kits that you will need are Calcium, alkalinity/dkh, Ph, Nitrate, and magnesium if you want. I honestly dont have test kits for anything but calcium, dkh, and magnesium.

Ohhh...sounds fun. Got a link?

Its pretty new, so ive been waiting for people to use it for awhile to see how it holds up.

[link=Calcium monitor]http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AM1121" style="COLOR: #FF0000[/link]

At NERAC Anthony was showing us all these cool toys, special microscope type thingies that go right up against the glass of your tank, even these wacky night vision goggles that let you see the neon colors of the cnidarians.

He brought his Mesoscope to the meeting with him...When I was over there for breakfast I tinkered around with it quite a bit. Its a very cool piece of equipment.

Somebody called me the future female Calfo the other day...I'm not sure how to take that.

*shrugs* dont know....guess it depends on how you feel about that.

Hmmm...last night when I was trying to fall asleep before that stupid test I did draw pictures like I said I would. I think I have to scan them in and post them...I've got two cool ones to share. Actually...three I think. One's an old one that I never posted...*wonders how to work the scanner*

I wrote some and posted a lot of my writings to my blog so I didnt lose them in the move. Look forward to seeing the pictures.....Im sure someone can show you how to use the scanner.

Hey Nate...? It's your turn to post again

Not anymore its not.

[hr width='40%']
The way we were
The chance to save my soul
And my concern is now in vain
Believe the word
I will unlock my door
And pass the cemetery gates
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
She's...gone...?

integra_for_life
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 29
Votes: 0
male usa
Nice cant wait to se pics,
Please stop quetiong each other
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
She's...gone...?

She is. I found a replacement (from atlantisaquarium.net) and placed an order for it. It should be here this week, depending on when Cris wants to recieve the order for me.

Nice cant wait to se pics,

Ill post them as soon as the project gets underway...whenever that may be.

Please stop quetiong each other

Does it hurt anything?

[hr width='40%']
The way we were
Believe the word
I will unlock my door

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
You can't replace her...

It doesn't work that way.

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
I know I cant replace her...nothing can replace her.

I just ordered the new coral as a "replacement" because it is so close to what the other one was.

Im still hoping that I can get frags back of the original and place them in the new tank, when/if it gets built.

[hr width='40%']
The way we were
Believe the word
I will unlock my door
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
*bump*

I'll post soon really I will.

So busy.

Just wanted to say I didn't forget.

It's hard to get back into this thread...

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
My hopes are so high,
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy…
[/font]

GuessWho
-----
Hobbyist
Votes: 0
male southafrica
Hi DRO

Where can I get a summary and sketch of a refugium setup? I am busy with a new 1.2m setup, and the sump is 1m 3 chambers, I was hoping to change it to 4 chambers and include a refugium chamber as well.

Thanks
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
*takes deep breath*

The puppy was safely returned to its owners. They were so happy that he didnt get hurt and that someone who cared picked him up and called them.

Yay. Pix?

Unfortunately that is reality...we always want what we cant have. You will always want a bigger and better tank, thats just the way it works Im sure you will fit everything in there that you want....well ok, not everything but that is a good thing. It makes you really think about what you want instead of just settling for something. It will all work out....you tank is still a decent size. Im sure you will be happy with it and will figure out a way to make it work.

Yeah. I have the biggest tank for my age in the club. It's fun telling people that I have a 100 gallon system, they give me a look like "That must be bigger than you!" Everyone in our club feels inferior with tank size because of Joe. I mean c'mon, when the head of your reef club has a fish tank bigger than your kitchen, it's hard to be satisfied with the size of your own.

ummmm, remember to see if the return pump is going wide open, and same with the returns.

Oh yeah...I thought I had to measure something? Well when we pick up salt later today/tomorrow, we'll be playing around so I'll take a peek for you.

You will have to keep taking pictures when you go to see them.....I doubt I will ever make it there to see them in person though.

But of course. Camera is attatched to my hand when visiting aquariums. I think next months reef meeting is Family Fun Day at Atlantis, where club members get in free. I'll concentrate on getting some good pix of the reef tank this time. Any other requests? And dont say never Nate...if I know you, when things begin to come together you'll take a little road trip (or two or three!) with Kip.

Works for me...no hurry.

Sweet. *wonders what she's gotten herself into*

Not entirely true....you are a "smarty pants" here too....have you went back and read any of your posts, and what about your article?

No. Errr...no. The guys from the club liked my article though, and I recieved offers on free frags as a reward for a job well done (to be validated when my tank is ready of course). You're the smarty pants here...I just sorta tag along. Also, I love cracking open a book that I know has info on the topic, even if I'm sketchy about it. Posting helps me learn, and helps me remember things that otherwise I would not have had a reason to look up.

hard to say really.....I think it depends on if we throw some questions and stuff into it or just keep it a conf.

Mehh...I've thrown in a couple of random questions here and there. I've got one about reverse photoperiod sumps when you're ready!

I will do that....but its not a matter of when, its a matter of if...I just dont know if I can do it. I checked things tonight and its a total loss....all sps are gone.

This is sort of old new by now, but I know you can do it. You know you wont last more than a couple of months without a tank. You know how upsetting it'll be when I ask to see pictures of this and that and you cant show me, because you decided not to put a tank up. Without a tank to take pictures of, many things in the future you may have to describe to me will be harder to understand. I think I was looking forward to this tank just as much, if not more than you! Should I stop my stocking list, and find another reefer to give it to? Is the true and original SPS freak on fishprofiles not going to have a reef tank? Say it isn't so...keep your chin up Nate, you can do it. I know you can.

Yup, I got the original from Serdar probably 8 months ago. I ordered with Kip and sent Serdar $300 and told him to suprise me with whatever he wanted to send.

Methinks you need to stop spending money on corals and start putting some towards tank construction.

Im afraid shes gone for good....went to check tonight and there def. isnt any tissue left.

RIP little L. spp, I hope Lee is up there looking at you, and admiring your beauty the way we once did...

Finger Prints and writing.....I remember. Im glad your tank is going well and is getting close to having SW in it. Chin is up only 5% of the time...having a hard time keeping it up anymore than that.

Well well, no more finger prints and writing messages, because we've got a DSB in there now! I hope progress on my tank cheers you up the way progress on yours cheers me up. *points and chants* I have a DSB...I have a DSB...

You already know what I will say to that.....buy what you want the first time instead of having to spend more money later to get it because you werent happy on what you settled on. You are correct....the price difference isnt that much, especially considering its what you want.

Yepp..."the boys" keep asking if I've decided on lighting yet, and I keep saying I'm just going to go with my gut. Hopefully if I ever have a problem with it the AM guys will be able to help me out in a pinch. And worst comes to worst, SOMEBODY in the club will have a spare light that could be used if my fixture ever crashed. Or corals could be moved temporarily. I'm not worried about it---I dont know why everyone else is making such a big deal.

The main test kits that you will need are Calcium, alkalinity/dkh, Ph, Nitrate, and magnesium if you want. I honestly dont have test kits for anything but calcium, dkh, and magnesium.

Magnesium is the only one I dont have, I'll throw that in on the next MD order. (WITH MY FREE T-SHIRT!!! ) I think the test kits are really only important for cycling and keeping an eye on params then.

Its pretty new, so ive been waiting for people to use it for awhile to see how it holds up.

Ohhh fancy! Lemme know how it works out. Know anyone whos got it yet? Looks like a stocking stuffer to me.

He brought his Mesoscope to the meeting with him...When I was over there for breakfast I tinkered around with it quite a bit. Its a very cool piece of equipment.

Ohhh yes I think he had one of those in pictures or something. Very cool toy, seems pretty unnecessary but neat.

*shrugs* dont know....guess it depends on how you feel about that.

Hmm. Well, I think I'm going to take it as a compliment, because Calfo is very smart and sought after for his advice and care much of the time. He's the reefers idol, so, I guess it's neat that someone thinks I actually have the potential to be as gifted as he.

I wrote some and posted a lot of my writings to my blog so I didnt lose them in the move. Look forward to seeing the pictures.....Im sure someone can show you how to use the scanner.

Ohhhh yes! I have several to share; everyday I see them on my desk and think "I have to learn to use the scanner" but I keep forgetting. I WILL get it done this weekend though, we have Monday off from school so that gives me extra time.

Not anymore its not.

Think again buddy.

[hr width='40%']
[font color="#000080"]
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And my scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
[/font]

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Yay. Pix?

I completely forgot to take pics of the little guy. I was too busy having fun feeding him french fries

Yeah. I have the biggest tank for my age in the club. It's fun telling people that I have a 100 gallon system, they give me a look like "That must be bigger than you!" Everyone in our club feels inferior with tank size because of Joe. I mean c'mon, when the head of your reef club has a fish tank bigger than your kitchen, it's hard to be satisfied with the size of your own

Very true, but if you are happy with what you have(is that possible? ) then thats all that matters. Atleast you have a tank......Im missing mine big time.

Oh yeah...I thought I had to measure something? Well when we pick up salt later today/tomorrow, we'll be playing around so I'll take a peek for you.

Works for me....maybe we can get your overflows to quiet down a bit by making some adjustments

But of course. Camera is attatched to my hand when visiting aquariums. I think next months reef meeting is Family Fun Day at Atlantis, where club members get in free. I'll concentrate on getting some good pix of the reef tank this time. Any other requests? And dont say never Nate...if I know you, when things begin to come together you'll take a little road trip (or two or three!) with Kip.

I highly doubt Ill make it out that way....to much work and not enough time to take a trip, and really no reason to go. Im going to have a hard enough time trying to make it to MACNA this year. Ive been working almost a double work week between going in early to work and the side jobs just trying to get some money saved up. The only way I can guarantee that I go to MACNA is to not set up the tank.

hmmmmm, picture requests.....do you really have to ask?

Sweet. *wonders what she's gotten herself into*

*shrugs* Dont know....guess you will find out in time

No. Errr...no. The guys from the club liked my article though, and I recieved offers on free frags as a reward for a job well done (to be validated when my tank is ready of course). You're the smarty pants here...I just sorta tag along. Also, I love cracking open a book that I know has info on the topic, even if I'm sketchy about it. Posting helps me learn, and helps me remember things that otherwise I would not have had a reason to look up

Nah, you are the new smarty pants....you post more than I do

Im very impressed with how you threw yourself into this side of the hobby and how much you have absorbed already! Keep it up

Mehh...I've thrown in a couple of random questions here and there. I've got one about reverse photoperiod sumps when you're ready!

Im ready whenever you are

This is sort of old new by now, but I know you can do it. You know you wont last more than a couple of months without a tank. You know how upsetting it'll be when I ask to see pictures of this and that and you cant show me, because you decided not to put a tank up. Without a tank to take pictures of, many things in the future you may have to describe to me will be harder to understand. I think I was looking forward to this tank just as much, if not more than you! Should I stop my stocking list, and find another reefer to give it to? Is the true and original SPS freak on fishprofiles not going to have a reef tank? Say it isn't so...keep your chin up Nate, you can do it. I know you can.

Its actually getting to the point that if I dont do something with a tank then I probably wont set one up. I hate not having the funding to do what I want to do

NO, DO NOT STOP THE STOCKING LIST AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO GIVE IT TOO! Speaking of stocking lists.....Im sooooo sorry that I havent had time to work on yours and get it finished up so I can post it

Im trying to keep my chin up....sometimes its just hard to do though. Im going through one of those times where it seems like nothing I really want is going to happen. Im losing hope on almost everything and I cant stop it.

Methinks you need to stop spending money on corals and start putting some towards tank construction

Hey! I havent bought any corals this week! I did go to HD and spend $100 on 2X4's for the stand though

RIP little L. spp, I hope Lee is up there looking at you, and admiring your beauty the way we once did...

Nothing like making me cry when I read that! Im sure he is taking care of her for me till I get there.

Well well, no more finger prints and writing messages, because we've got a DSB in there now! I hope progress on my tank cheers you up the way progress on yours cheers me up. *points and chants* I have a DSB...I have a DSB...

You could write messages in the DSB Progress on your tank is all that I have right now.....cause Im sure not making any progress on mine

Yepp..."the boys" keep asking if I've decided on lighting yet, and I keep saying I'm just going to go with my gut. Hopefully if I ever have a problem with it the AM guys will be able to help me out in a pinch. And worst comes to worst, SOMEBODY in the club will have a spare light that could be used if my fixture ever crashed. Or corals could be moved temporarily. I'm not worried about it---I dont know why everyone else is making such a big deal.

I dont see you having a problem with it...even if you do, Im sure you could find an Aquamedic dealer if you thought about it hard enough I think they could get you the parts you need pretty fast.

Ohhh fancy! Lemme know how it works out. Know anyone whos got it yet? Looks like a stocking stuffer to me.

I know two people that have them, and so far they are happy with them. Im just curious as to how long the probes last before needing replaced. Ill probably get one in Fall once the tank is up and runniing and im happy with the way I have it set up.

Hmm. Well, I think I'm going to take it as a compliment, because Calfo is very smart and sought after for his advice and care much of the time. He's the reefers idol, so, I guess it's neat that someone thinks I actually have the potential to be as gifted as he.

Yuppers, I would take it as a compliment also.

Ohhhh yes! I have several to share; everyday I see them on my desk and think "I have to learn to use the scanner" but I keep forgetting. I WILL get it done this weekend though, we have Monday off from school so that gives me extra time.

Geesh, must be rough...I have side jobs to do on Monday Nothing like working 7 days a week!

Think again buddy.

*cough*

[hr width='40%']
All the things that you said
I knew they wouldnt last
All the plans that we made
are part of the past.
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Where can I get a summary and sketch of a refugium setup? I am busy with a new 1.2m setup, and the sump is 1m 3 chambers, I was hoping to change it to 4 chambers and include a refugium chamber as well.

Probably the best place to look would be on [link=http://www.reefcentral.com]http://www.reefcentral.com" style="COLOR: #FF0000[/link] in their DIY forum or filtration forum

[hr width='40%']
All the things that you said
I knew they wouldnt last
All the plans that we made
are part of the past.
acei
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 291
Votes: 1
male usa
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
*bump*

Just one more day of school! That's it...just one more day. *sigh of relief* Then posting may turn somewhat normal...

Not going to mention finals and regents.

*cough*

Any updates Nate?

-Ferret

DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Nope, no updates. Im gonna meet up with Marcus today and see how the tank is coming. After the tank is done, there probably wont be updates for quite some time because of lack of equipment.

[hr width='40%']
Look at me, my depth perception must be off again,
Coz' this hurts deeper than I thought it did,
It has not healed with time...
It just shot down my spine.
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Well, I just got back from talking to Marcus....ended up discussing tank size again. Its been a constant battle in my mind on whether to go with 24 or 30 inches deep. I finally made up my mind today and plopped down more cash. The tank is going to be 30 inches deep, and instead of 1/2 inch acrylic it will be built out of 3/4 inch acrylic. Why 3/4 inch acrylic? We changed the plans and are going to build the tank with euro-bracing for better light penetration and less cleaning on the top

It will be done by the end of the month! Then it will sit on the stand for another couple months while I get equipment rounded up

[hr width='40%']
Look at me, my depth perception must be off again,
Coz' this hurts deeper than I thought it did,
It has not healed with time...
It just shot down my spine.
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
male usa us-colorado
Tanks been put on hold as far as setting it up. Its almost finished being built though. The new tank will be put into storage.

Im out of the hobby for now, possibly for good.

Ill be posting a thread in the classifieds with some items for sale including a calcium reactor, pumps, etc.

terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
???

# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies