Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBack of Tank-Ideas please
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 62
Votes: 6
male usa
I dont have anything on the back of my tank. You can see right thru to the wall.

I dont want to get any of that fake plant looking background and the plain solid colors dont appeal to me either.

Any other ideas on a background?
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2007 22:01Profile PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Thats a tough one, since you eliminated the two most common ones used. lol

I have tinfoil on the back of one of mine. If you had some long trailing ivy like plant you could let it hang down in back of the tank. A sheet with a pattern you like, a poster? Some sticks strewn across the back? Some flat rocks set upright in the back of the tank? Big pieces of old vinal, leather, cardboard? Sparkly Christmas wrapping paper? If you look around your house or garage, you may come up with something totally unique.

If you go to "search" & type in "background", you will probably get other ideas too. Good luck!
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2007 00:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
How about posting a photo of the tank might help. AS FP stated you have possibly eliminated most of the choices it is going to be rather dificult. If your tank is on a surface with a lage area behind you could grow live plants.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2007 04:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lysaer
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
Votes: 2
male usa
If you don't want to go for a solid background, there are a few options.

You could create a rock wall for the background - there's a DIY how-to out there for using eggcrate and plaster and paint for that.

You could also create a java moss wall - basically you take a wire or steel mess and weave/poke java moss through it.

If you don't have any fish in your tank that will freak out at seeing themselves (like bettas), you could mirror the back of the tank - Krylon sells a paint kit that lets you turn glass into a mirror finish.

Listen! Do you smell that?
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2007 17:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies