wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
EditedEdited by wish-ga
conversation starter:

Have you gone from natural tank to crazy decor?

Or been fluro fan and toned it down?

Or are you a dyed in the wool stick to it recreate the natural environment as best you can type of aquarist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2007 05:02Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I think you'll find most people here are fairly 'traditional' in their aquascaping approach.

I've switched purple gravel with blue jewel stones in it for a more natural one (no the former was not my choice!) but still had plastic plants in the aquascape.

I've seen some really great themed tanks though, one of callas comes to mind had a very japanese feel to it.

One of adams tanks had blue gravel in it, and yet looked rather natural somehow...more like the fish were swimming over the blue gravel through the air and the gravel was the water they were swimming over.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2007 05:14Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I prefer the natural look then let the tank look after its self. Some of these way out aquascapes are for the owner of the tank only, and not for the fish who have to live in the tank.
You can still have a themed tank that looks terrific and not over done on the way out effect. There was a small tank in the Aquscape comp many years ago it was so simple, had a theme, yet very basic and cetainly a pleasure to look at and the fish to live in.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2007 07:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

In my 55gal. I started out with fake sea ornaments & fake plants. Then I changed half the tank & added sticks & rocks to make that half look like under a lake.

Later I bought a rock picture background & took out most of the sticks & added more rocks and kept some fake plants

Now I'm expecting live plants to arrive any day. I will keep the rock background & real rocks & try to fit the plants in. I was told by the seller (on this site) that I had to take before & after pics. I've never taken pics of my tank or posted any on this site before......but I will give it a good try.
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2007 16:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Countryfish
----------
Fish Addict
Da...Dum .. Da...Dum
Kudos: 83
Votes: 242
male australia
Hey Patty , love to see some Photos when you get the plants in

I'm a Traditionalist myself , try to make my tanks look as natural as
possible whilst still getting good viewing and swimming areas for the fish .

Garry
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2007 13:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Yeah, me too countryfish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2007 05:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
eat_ham222
-----
Banned
Kudos: 72
Votes: 16
male usa
Natural all the way!
Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2007 08:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kantankerousmind
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 9
male usa
I've tried so many different style i couldnt even list them.. however all of them were similar in that they tried to appear natural...i.e. silk plant and DW as a opposed to a complete flora scape.. for me its about learning what fish like and dont like.. i.e. i learn early that small fish dont like hiding in hard plastic plants...and white gravel seems to dull the colors of darker fish.. eh.. what are u gonna do.. Today i like heavy plants with space in the middle for swimming..
Post InfoPosted 30-Aug-2007 15:33Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies