keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
I thought it was about time I posted a few photos of my actual 32lt Betta tank. I am still waiting/looking for more Crypt nevilii.
The Anubias Nana in the front are all tied to small rocks using 15lb fishing line. The Serrated Java Fern in the front LH side is actualy growing on a large piece of DW. The Serrated Java Fern at the rear is on two long pieces of DW the one in the front is the tops of the SJF and the rear are the full length SJF.
Between the pieces of DW is a 10ins long air strip

In the tank are 1 red Betta (hides when camera flashes)
6 Khuli Loaches, 6 medium size Cardinal Tetras getting more soon, 1 small SAE and 2 Ottos.

I can now use the new Konica Minolta SLR digital camera I intend to try using the large square flash as the flash for macro work is naturally too high.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2007 09:15Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Photo 2

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2007 09:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Photo 3

Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2007 09:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
No comments some one must like or dislike my Betta tank.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Jul-2007 04:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Simply stunning !

Just goes to show that even small tanks can make a huge impact.

Lace/serrated java is a favorite of mine, I had a huge bit that I'd grown from one small plant back in the states, it's now at my sisters work (where she doesn't often work as she's gotten a new job ). If you ever have any pieces that are looking for a new home send me a PM, as soon as adam and I move house my tanks are going to be set up and I'll need java, lace/serrated java would make my day.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 03:03Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Babelfish

Thank you for the comment I was starting to think no one liked or disliked that tank. I am still looking for more Crypt Nevilii apprently it is very scarce in Aust.
I think I have contacted every plant dealer in Aust and only has replied and they will notify me when it is raedy for sale. I want at least 5 more for the front of the bay section.
I always have plenty of the tips but the bottom root section is another thing. At the moment I can see one full length piece floating I will leave it alone and see what happens.
PM me when you want it not a problem.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 03:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
Looks great! I love it. It doesnt get algae beign by a window and all? What are the inhabitants?

Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 03:50Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

looks nice from what I can see of it Keith. It looks real natural with all those plants in there. To be truthful, I like full tank shots myself.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 04:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
I like it. Very nice, natural looking, especially for a smallish tank.

><>
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 05:14Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
RNJ
There are 6 Cardinal Tetras, getting more very soon, 2 Ottos, 1 M Betta & 1 small SAE he is the algae remover what there is of it.

Fish Patty
A full width is difficult to do because of the reflections with the Bay Window shape of the tank.
The window it is close to is facing south and no direct sunlight at all the garden trees outside filter any direct sunlight during summer plus I can partically close the drapes as I am doing now to protect the tank from the cold window.

I am going to make a small move to give a better water flow and open up the front a little bit more. All the front Anubias are on narrow rocks and if it does not work out I can try some thing else without disturbing the plants.

I am trying to grow some moss on the back but this is proving difficult (any ideas) What I am doing is I have stuch a suction cup from a the thermometer and poking the moss into the circular holder.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 01:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
If you want java moss all along the back maybe make a trellis for it to grow along. A flat piece of drift wood or a few pieces tied together with fishing line then attach the java moss to the wood with more line.

If the water flow is a bit too much for the java moss try getting it established outside of the tank first. A spare tank with just a sponge filter or a shallow dish that gets plenty of light? Just some ideas . I always had a hard time with java moss, never stayed put!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2007 03:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
I have just had a very close look and it looks like one or two threads has started to attach to the glass.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2007 05:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies