oooodkoooo
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 35
Votes: 6
male usa
heres my ten gallon so far, its about two months old now
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p229/DrewKline/
let me know what you guys think about the look of it and how I can improve on it.

Thanks
-Drew

Non-conformity:
Are you the Sheep or the Guitar Playing Sheep?
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2006 21:51Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
I think it looks really good how it is but If you want more plants maybe you could but some small crypts in the front left. what fish are in it...just raspboras?

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2006 22:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
carpe_diem
----------
Fish Addict
*Dreamer*
Kudos: 292
Votes: 51
female australia
You've done a great job with your tank Drew!
i can see rasboras in the tank.. what other fish do you have?

the only thing i can think to improve it would be to somehow hide your heater behind the plant on the other side or to add a plant to hide it.

Truth doesn't always win friends but it influences them
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2006 23:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Nice job with the wisteria. I like your red plant in the front too - what is it? Tank is very nice as it is, but if you are looking for suggestions, here are some choices I might consider for the very font, either:-

1. some some very small rocks covered with ricca or java moss, but keep it low so you don't hide your nice red plant; or

2. maybe some low growing narrow leaf crypts. I don't know all the various crypt names, but there is a quite small type that I have, with narrow bright green leaves, that would contrast nicely in front of the red plant.

For the driftwood, I see you have fern on it already. What about also one of the small varieties of nana anubia?

Anyway, looks very nice like it is.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 00:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sodaaddict84
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 108
Votes: 52
male usa
looks very nice i like it. well i havent gotten into planted tanks so i dont know all the names of the plants, but so low lying plants in the foreground, and maybe something mudiumsized in the front left. but im not sure about all that cuz im not sure which plants to actually use

*click *flash *click "whered he go???"
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 02:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
MoFish
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 40
female usa
Very nice Drew! I love how you arranged the wisteria to "creep" around the front!
I agree with TankWatcher, I like the red plant too, but I think that it blends in too much with the color of the driftwood, perhaps a green plant in its place? I am not sure where to move the red plant to...
Keep it up!
~Morgan

~Morgan~
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 03:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
oooodkoooo
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 35
Votes: 6
male usa
EditedEdited by oooodkoooo
Thanks for all the replies and good advice

I have 7 Harlequin Rasboras (they keep laying eggs and eating them..) I want to get 3-5 more, but i'll have to wait till thanksgiving break..

That red plant is a Red Tiger Louts (matty told me). I just hope it stops growing soon..i finally got it looking not too out of place.

I think adding some low forground plants would be a good idea.
I'm just worried about keeping the low plants low. I'm thinking of upping my lighting to a 36w compact flouescent before i get any new plants. (got two 15w tubes now that are over a year old).

I'm having touble finding these crypts i hear so much about..I'm only finding the ones like I have in the back left of the tank. Any specific names
or a link would be great

Thanks
-Drew

Non-conformity:
Are you the Sheep or the Guitar Playing Sheep?
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 04:59Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
ricanboy57
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 4
Votes: 5
male usa
I had that problem too, trying to keep the low foreground plants in a ten gallon low, but periodic pruning actually goes a long way. it'll be a world of a difference too when you have a nice foreground look. If you ever take a look at award winning aquascaped tanks they all put just as much thought into there foreground as they do with the rest of the tank. Good luck, and it's looking good.

Post InfoPosted 20-Nov-2006 20:48Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
Great tank! I wouldnt change a thing accept cover up the equipment with something. Foreground plants possibly but I prefer to have some gravel showing upfront for the fish to sift through, and a place for me to drop pellets. I never had rasboros though so I dont know if they spend any time on the bottom. I am not into the whole tank being covered with folliage. I suppose you could allways cut it out if you ever bought any bottom feeders though. Anyways it looks wonderful!

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 20-Nov-2006 22:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
the crypts for a small tank that I would aim for are:
Crypt. Wendetti
Crypt. Undulata
Crypt. Parva

the first two are more broad leafed and the last one grows more like a grass.
hope this helps

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 21-Nov-2006 03:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies