Subscribeaquascaping competition?
PJ
---------------
Big Fish
Kudos: 427
Votes: 326
male australia
EditedEdited 10-Oct-2009 23:30
Hi guys, are there going to be anymore aquascaping / tank competitions. I remember a few years ago we did, and we had different catergories such as african cichlids, planted etc etc. I think this would be a good idea to get every busy
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2009 23:30Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
If there is enough interest I'm sure we can go again

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 11-Oct-2009 00:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Im down
Post InfoPosted 11-Oct-2009 01:12Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
Would this be open to people (like me) who have fake plants and other deco? I'd love to compete if it is, even though I don't have any fish yet. I'm very proud of the tank I put together(I'd be even prouder if I could get some fish in it, lol).
Post InfoPosted 11-Oct-2009 03:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
PJ
---------------
Big Fish
male australia
I'm sure if we do have a comp it can certainly be open to anyone

Lets try generate some interest people, I think this can be a good way to get people more active on fishprofiles and lets not forget get us all making our tanks look nice
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 01:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Open to anyone

Lets say 3 classes to keep it basic.

Planted (should that be real and fake?)
Non-planted (hardscapes etc, should this include fake plants?)
Tanks under 8G/Bowls/etc (not including Amano-esque AGA type planted setups)

I'd add marine, but last time we got no entires at all, and the time before that I think we had 2. Odd really, since SW is about scaping and reefs etc, but yeah, didn't seem to go well.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 02:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
You can count me in no problems at all.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 02:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
EditedEdited 12-Oct-2009 03:59
Cool! Now for the other question.... does this have to include fish? Lol. As I've mentioned (numerous times ) that I'm still cycling. I would LOVE to show off fish, but I don't have any (yet). This is complete agony. I really want to start adding fish!

I only have a few more modifications to make to my tank before I consider it completely finished on the decoration side, and then I will take pictures with my digital camera (as opposed to my camera phone like I've been doing) and download them to my computer and then upload them to my photobucket account.

This is very exciting! Yay!

To be fair, I would think that fake plants should be considered as decoration, so maybe tanks with fake plants should be considered as non-planted. Especially since people with fake plants can add practically any type of plant they want, regardless of whether it's considered a low-level or high-level light type of plant, and they can be any color (and I know that I have mostly green and red plants that would be considered more on the natural side, but I also have a bright orangey-red plant and a light purple plant, and those as far as I know do not exist in nature). Yes? No?
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 03:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Personally I would not enter my tank until it was set up. Even with fake plants I have over the years seem some lovely aquascapes (these use quality plants) and good aquascape principles.
Then on the other hand I have see some tanks which looks like they found the plants in someones rubbish bin and just stuck them any where.

Plants are only a small part of Aquscaping.
If you PM me I can send you some aquascaping information.

Babelfish might have some of the old winners photos.
At a rough guess I would say most of the old winners are no longer on FP

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 10:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
"Then on the other hand I have see some tanks which looks like they found the plants in someones rubbish bin and just stuck them any where."

hehehehe um that's about what our tanks look like right now They've been moved so much that I just haven't had time to even set the plants up on their bases!

I'll see what I can do about setting up another contest, most likely around the end of the year, I'll be losing internet connection for a few days coming up soon.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 19:54Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
PJ
---------------
Big Fish
male australia
woo end of the year sounds like a good time to have it. Gives everyone time to find out about it and for us all to get ready so we can have plenty of entries.
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 20:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Perfect! gives me time to make mine look presentable too!

Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2009 01:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Gives me time to move mine again and get it that 'hurricane just blown through disaster area' look

and yes, the categories are likely to be what calla outlined above. Marine never had much to submit, but if there's enough we could have one for them as well.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2009 01:48Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Megil TelZeke

---------------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 890
Votes: 393
male usa us-northcarolina
I'm always up for a aquascaping competition.

Post InfoPosted 25-Oct-2009 17:34Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies