AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Bottom Feeder Frenzy
  L# Will the Bristlenose eat plants?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWill the Bristlenose eat plants?
Killifisher
----------
Fish Addict
Votes: 0
Sorry if this has been answered but the search didn't seem to turn up anything.

I have about 12 bristlenose in a non-planted tank but wish to move them to my new planted tank, but I don't know if they'll eat the regular plants (swords, grasses, mosses, anubis, etc).

Thanks
Chris
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2009 20:50Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
They don't eat Anubias, Java moss, or Java fern. I haven't kept any other plants successfully other than the above and water sprite, but that's not because the plecs were eating them, but because I don't have a light on my tanks.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2009 21:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Kingfisher

I have a tank full of Anubias and a little Serrated Java fern also floating water sprite (Indian Fern) and they are never a problem they prefer the algae on the DW.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2009 01:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
I've had claros absolutely demolish anubias during a four week period I was awol, though, to my credit, the back of the automatic feeder had fallen off.
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2009 09:38Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jafo

----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 89
Votes: 2
male usa us-tennessee
I have bristlenose in 3 planted tanks and none of them have offered to eat anything but algae and zuccini. I have various swords, anubias, crypts, ambulia, red tiger lotus, and many more including floating plants. I assume you have real driftwood and supplement their diet with zuccini or some other raw veggie. 12 in 1 tank goes through a ton of algae. Been there, moved 6 from a 55g after they ate it clean in 3 days!
Post InfoPosted 20-Oct-2009 19:55Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies