Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAngel fish species
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Hello all. It will be some time before I will add these 2 to my tank, but when I do, do I have to have matching species of anglefish. One of my kids wants an all black and one wants a marbled or solid silver/white. Can I mix the colors up or should I get them both matching colors? Will it cause the fish to fight if they are not the same? Also do I have to be sure to get a male & female pair? or can I have 2 same sex angels? Will they constantly fight? When I do finally get the fish, I will be looking to purchase juvies, how can I tell the difference between male and female with them being young?

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2009 02:53Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
The differen't colors don't matter, they are all the same species. usually when they pair up they are differen't colors. Trying to tell the sexes apart when they are juvies is pretty much impossible. When trying to get a pair you have to start off with a large group and let them grow up together and wait for two to pair off. If you get two juvies and they grow up together they may pair off, better if they don't so they don't reak havvack on their tank.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2009 03:00Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Kellyjhw
Angels are one species it is the different varieties you are concerned about. If they are young it will not matter at all. It be at breding time then you may wish to separate them.
As mentioned previously practically impossible to sex juveniles.
If you are going to get Angels make sure you dont have any SAEs in the tank as they can and often will clean the natural slime of of the Angels and naturally this kills the Angels

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2009 05:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
"If you are going to get Angels make sure you dont have any SAEs in the tank as they can and often will clean the natural slime of of the Angels and naturally this kills the Angels"

I tryed to tell a guy this at work yesterday, hes been losing angels, small ones(1 cm) he bought another angel 2 in round, nice looking fish silver/yellow.. man I didnt want to sell it to him, then he bought a SAE for the tank..UGH!..oh! he claims hes got alot of room 20gal high..lol..
Post InfoPosted 03-Jan-2009 19:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
If you want a breeding pair, then get 5/6 juveniles & let them pair off. Once they pair off, move them in a separate tank for breeding. Make sure that you move a breeding pair, as 2 females will lay eggs just the same, but they don't hatch.

Don't get CAE & instead get some Otos & they'll eat algae just the same.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2009 11:31Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies