L# Experienced pea puffer care
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeExperienced pea puffer care
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
EditedEdited 21-Jul-2014 11:09
I am currently in the middle of setting up and cycling a new 10 gallon tank that I would like to keep a pair or trio of pea puffers in. Unfortunately, there is so much controversial information on them throughout the internet that I can't determine what to go by.

I do know without a doubt that they require a heavily planted tank in order to prevent them from being territorial and aggressive. I know that the pea puffer is a true freshwater fish that prefers Ph to be between 6.5 and 7.5, and temperatures between 72 and 80 degrees just like most other tropical fish.

Are pea puffers sensitive to copper based medicines and copper in the water? Do plants have to be live or are plastic and silk plants acceptable? Do pea puffers have problems with their teeth like other puffers that need to keep them filed down? Are they poisonous like many other puffers? Are there any suitable tank mates? How strong or weak should water flow be? Is there a difference in aggression in males and females? How can males and females be differentiated? How many females per male for optimum breeding conditions? At what age do they reach sexual maturity? How often can or will they breed?

I would very much like to breed them so if anyone could tell me ideal breeding conditions that would be fantastic.

I apologize for the long string of questions. I figured it would be easier to ask them all at once in a single post in order to prevent stretching out the thread.

As always, any and all advice and comments are greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 21-Jul-2014 11:03Profile PM Edit Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
EditedEdited 17-Aug-2014 23:49
Zack,
For some reason I'm unable to reply to your email regarding your betta and fin rot.

Yes, it does look like fin rot! Check out this link:
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-Fin-Rot

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2014 23:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
You probably can't reply because my inbox is full. I'll clear it out.
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2014 03:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies