SubscribeFish Condo?
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
EditedEdited by sora
http://www.realmdekor.com/products/urbanEquipment/fishCondo.html hey guys what do you think of this? i just saw it in an add.
personally id probably never get one its just not my kind of thing.

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 05:42Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
I say for 85 bucks you can set up a nice 10 gallon tank.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 07:10Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
L
O
L

That is not really worth it....The betta looks as if it couldnt swim between the tubes it was meant for swimming in between! Personally, I think that would be a neat setup for shrimp if it were a lot larger, like 1-2 gallons per bowl.

I say, with 80 bucks, you could get more than a 10g lushly planted setup, you could get a nice 20g long setup! OR you could get a completely CO2ed Nano tank! With DIY or A store bought one.

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 07:23Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
One word "Stupid"

Looks like it is set up for people with I must have the latest thing. Money would be better spent on buying a good tank especially for the fish.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 10:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 24-Dec-2007 10:14
This post has been deleted
desertfish
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 6
male usa
Each of the compartments looks like they're too small for a Betta with a good set of fins. I don't think it could really show its fins in that type of a setting.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 10:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
Yeah that tank is dumb all day. They actually found a way to make the relative surface area available even lower than that of a regular bowl.

Consign design to bin under heading of "exploitative consumerist crap that no sane person puts a living creature into". And forget.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 10:50Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Callatya
Interesting. I suppose at the very least that it is 3x more water than is sold in a lot of kits, but it is hardly a brilliant setup.

The fish could move between 'rooms', but the glass would cause small abrasions on the fins as, unless it was travelled at speed, they'd drag along the bottom.

The concept is interesting though, much like the fish bridge, just less awkward. Does it remind anyone else of Habitrail?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 17:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
it looks better than keeping a fish in a little bowl, but it doesnt seem to be any better as far as the fishes health...

i would much rather buy 4 1 gallon tanks and put plants and a betta in them then buy one of those little things (assuming i cant find a 1g set up for less that 20$)...

seems flat out stupid and aimed towards disposable income people with the need for the newest and greatest...

too bad it isnt the greatest...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 21:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
sadly i bet quite a few people buy this. i also thought that it looked simply to small for the fish to fit through. and i didnt even think about surface area.
and for 85 dollars this is just ridiculous. i never even saw the price. i dont understand how people could buy this its just stupid

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2007 08:23Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
also what is habitrail? ive never heard of it

Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2007 19:09Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
It is a type of maze-like small animal house setup. You get little sections of tubing and equipment and put it together a bit like Lego.

http://www.geocities.com/area51/corridor/5788/images/hcity.jpg

I've seen it used in fishtanks (fantastic for cray climbing and kid's tanks IMO, at least more interesting than bubbling skulls!) but that fish condo thing just made me think of it being used as stand-alone rather than decor.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2007 01:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies