L# hatchling angels
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribehatchling angels
dudehi
Fingerling
Kudos: 20
Votes: 2
male usa us-florida
14 gallon tank with a pair of angels im thinking. female layed 3 other times this being the fourth and undetermined of the other angels sex. looks like their doing their thing to the eggs and may be looking at some babey angels.

im thinking of putting the baby angels in a 47 gallon "tall" with 6 zebra danio's and some Cory's. im going to make Cory pack bigger as well the danio's. would this mix be good?? as im going to plant it better within a month or so. going to make new caves and things like that.

so tell ur advice, hurry please idk when they will hatch or if they do.
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2010 03:25Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Not having Angels for many years at a guess I would be a bit cautious of the Danios they just might be a bit fast moving for the young Angels. I would also make sure you have plenty of tall plant cover and possibly some floating Indian fern.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2010 07:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dudehi
Fingerling
Kudos: 20
Votes: 2
male usa us-florida
alright thanks kieth.

it looks like all eggs are gone. there are a parisite looking thing in there. there are a bunch of them on the back and front of tank when i turn light out, when its on most go away. but these are little white looking worms. if you just glanced at them it wud look like just stuff on back of tank, but when you focus your eye on one, you can see it slugging and moving across the tank glass like a worm. that is probally what killed eggs.

anything i can do becuase i have tried medicine before...
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2010 13:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
I think with bugs a good start to getting rid of them is to just snatch them or net them out whenever you see them... this works for most parasites in most situations (tomato hornworms, fleas, etc....) until they seem gone/mostly gone

then proceeed with whatever else you need to do
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2010 23:15Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
dudehi

I would transfer all the fish from that tank into the larger tank . Try not to transfer any water as well.

Then completely strip that infected tank either toss every thing out or boil the substrate. All filter material will have to be tossed out. With plants give them a very good wash under a running tap.

By doing all that you should remove all the nasties in one big clean out.

Then go ahead and recycle the tank.

Cookie

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 02:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
I guess that makes me lazy
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 05:03Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Can you see any of these white worms in the gravel? They are most likely planaria. Do a google search to ID them.
Planaria are often in tanks that have a lot of excess food/waste in the gravel. Do some deep gravel vacs to reduce their numbers, and reduce feeding to every 2 - 3 days until you arent seeing them anymore.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 05:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies