Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBaby crayfish
Dolf
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 180
Votes: 46
male usa
I just found what looks like a ghost shrimp in my pond. Is that what a baby crayfish would look like?
Post InfoPosted 22-Feb-2009 23:03Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Baby crayfish look just like the adults except really tiny. And there claws aren't as big.
Post InfoPosted 22-Feb-2009 23:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Can you post of "what looks like a ghost shrimp" Most and I will say most of those creature grow up to be larger versions of them selves.
The problem especially "Crayfish" still grow up the same but what you call a Crayfish in USA it could be totally different to ours in Aust. We have FW and SW Crays and they are different in colour and shape, Even our SW Crays are different colours as well.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 23-Feb-2009 05:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
hes probly talking about fw and like blue or othe thos ones u kno?
Post InfoPosted 23-Feb-2009 06:59Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Dolf
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 180
Votes: 46
male usa
Thanks for the replies. By crayfish I am refering to the Northern American Cray, orconectes virilis. It is similar the Yabby in Australia. They are native to the midwest and are an imported pest fish here in Arizona. Occasionally they do find their way into my mosquito fish pond. When I found the shrimp it made me wonder. Now that he is in an aquarium it is obvious he is a little feeder shrimp. I still have no idea how he could have gotten in the pond as I haven't recieved any shipments of fish since last summer.
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2009 02:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Is it possible, one or some of your feeders last summer was carrying eggs? Maybe a few was able to escape being eaten and now have started to grow and multiply themselves.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 25-Feb-2009 05:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies