Subscribe~Updated tank pictures~
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
I post pictures on here every now and then, but I have taken some updated pictures of my tanks lately and thought I'd share.

55g Malawi Cichlid tank

That is algae on the back glass...makes a nice backdrop!

Yellow lab

Male C. afra cobue...he's so pretty! I actually have atleast 3 males..maybe 4 out of 8 fish. I will eventually get rid of 3-4 of them leaving 1 male and 3-4 females.

Eureka peacock (bottom) and female afra cobue (top)...the Eurekas have only been in the tank for 3 days, so they haven't colored up yet.

55g planted

29g planted

The 10g is not planted anymore...it houses 3 small Eurekas that I thought were too small to add to the 55g.

Thanks for looking!

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2006 21:33Profile PM Edit Report 
chris1017
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 421
Votes: 70
male usa us-maryland
wow, both tanks look very nice. great rock work, sure they love it. plants look quite happy.

chris
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2006 18:11Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
WiseIves
----------
Enthusiast
MbunaMbunaMbuna
Kudos: 180
Votes: 85
male usa
looks good GG, the algae growth gives the tank a great look. It seems to give the same effect as one of those 3d styrofoam backgrounds. At 1st I was going to say I could'nt believe that your plants look so good but then I realized that you have some Mbuna who are more on the canivourous side, although I know they are omni's. I see you added some haps. So are you glad you went with Malawi's?

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates-
I happen to have become a philosopher
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2006 20:34Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
female usa
Thanks guys!

WiseIves: I also think the algae adds a nice touch.
The only ones that really bother my plants are the Socolofi. They sometimes nibble on the Hygro, which i really just added in there because I have no room in my other tanks. If they tore it up, I wouldn't care. But they've actually left it alone. They have never eaten off the Vals though, so put those on the list for Mbuna safe (well except really hungry omni's ). I did add some Peacocks. I was talked into it by the guy I bought the afra cobue from. I had a great experiece buying from him and from another guy that I got the labs from. I talk to them on another site so I kind of "knew" them before I bought from them. I just went ahead and got the Eurekas because I didn't want to buy from someone I didn't know. Plus he gives lots of extras, so its really worth the money.

I hope I don't have any issues keeping the Peacocks with the Mbuna. The only ones I'm worried about are the Socolofi. They are just a tad aggressive, but its mostly within the 4 of them. Also the Cynos are pretty fiesty to be as small as they are...but its really just the males going after the females. I'm going to try to pick one male to keep and give the others to my LFS before the males start bickering. I think I have 4 males out of 8.

Thanks for looking! I have changed my mind quite a bit with the Malawi tank...but I'm happy with it. Now I just need to lower my numbers and decide who should go.

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2006 06:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
They are all really stunning tanks GG. Really nice job.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 09-Nov-2006 13:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
Great tanks! The algae background looks great too.

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 05:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 419
Votes: 37
female usa
Beautiful! you gotta love the little snail trails in the algae! We have that in ours as well! I Love seeing pictures from fellow cichlid keepers on here!

72 gallon bowfront:Tanganyikan Lake set up
75 gallon: A. Baenschi trio,Cyanotilapia Afra Cobwe(4), copadichromis trewavase, protomelas sp. tangerine tiger(breeding pair)
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 20:13Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
female usa
EditedEdited by GirlieGirl8519
Those are actually Mbuna trails... They nibble at some of the algae on the back glass. I think I have maybe one snail in that tank, so I know it isn't the snail (it spends most of its time in the sand...probably wondering how the heck it got in that tank).

I wish I could take a picture of the Mbunas eating the algae off the glass...its so cute. I'll try to get one....

Thanks for the comments!

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2006 20:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ku5626
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 61
Votes: 7
male usa
Good variety of plants, really nice fish.

Ku,
Post InfoPosted 13-Nov-2006 02:43Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies