---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
About 3 weeks ago I bought 5 Cherry Red Shrimps
They have been hiding a lot since I bought them. During their three day transport several babies hatched I have not seen them yet. During the day they hide in the big thick clump of Anubias nana.
For some reason yesterday 3 came out together and I consider this a lucky photo. One of the other shrimps seems to be more stripy. So far I have found two outer shells they have discarded,

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Attached Image:

Keith's Cherry Red Shrimp 10-08

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-Oct-2008 04:01Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 31-Oct-2008 09:52
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Since I took that photo I have managed to get two more including a baby shrimp which would be less than 1cm 3/8 inch.

Getting these close ups I can see a different colouration between the shrimps. Is this male and female if so which is which please, or is there another reason for the different markings?

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-Oct-2008 09:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
EditedEdited by keithgh
The baby shrimp
Sorry if its a bit blurry it was about 1ins from the front and its only very small.

Look here for my

Keith

Attached Image:

Baby Shrimp 10-08

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-Oct-2008 09:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
EditedEdited by brandeeno
Beauties aren't they?
you have gottne a few good ones!

the females are the ones that get much darker in complextion and have a more even spread of red.

the males are often blotchy and have stripes or spots of red but for the most part are far less attractive than the females ( IMO ).

the juveniles are hard to tell because often their colors changes once they read adulthood and if you notice the red steadily developing it is most likely a female.

I'm no expert, but this is what i learned when i had them earlier this year (devastaingly mine all died after my brother overfed while i was working out of district it was a tragedy).

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 31-Oct-2008 21:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies