SubscribePictures of my 20 gallon tank after lighting upgrade
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
Kudos: 92
Votes: 147
male usa us-indiana
A couple of months ago I upgraded the lighting on my 20 gallon tank so I could plant it. I just got around to taking the pictures about an hour ago, so I thought I'd post them on here and see what you guys thought. Keep in mind this is my first ever attempt at a real planted tank. Any tips on how to improve the tank are welcome, as well as criticism. Hope you like them.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg58/truestar_92/Fish%20Pics/20%20Gallon%20Planted%20Tank/
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2008 21:26Profile PM Edit Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
Nice green tank now.
I see you put the java fern low down which is good as it will grow right to the surface. It it gets too bushy you might want to move it back a bit later.

My swords do good for a while and then eventually die off but then I'm not real diligent with fertilizer.

I trim bits off my wisteria so it stays shorter at the front and longer at the back. All the cuttings I just replant.

Most of my plants would do a whole lot better if I could figure out who likes to trim and eat bits off all the time and move the culprit/s to a less planted tank.

I do the same with pennywort as otherwise it just seems to grow longer and thinner, so I nip bits off, plant the bits and get a thicker clump going.

Up the back behind the dw you could consider something to hide the canister intake like some rush, or an anubias plant tied to the dw.
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2008 03:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I prefer an aquascape to flow from left to right your thank is the opposite leaving a big gap at the LH end to compensate that I would tie the Java fern on the large piece of DW this then would give you a center hollow design which could be more pleasing to the eye.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2008 06:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
male usa us-indiana
Thanks for the tips Brengun, I'll find someway to hide the intake.

Keith, I'll try that center hollow design you mentioned. Thanks for the help guys.
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2008 20:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
spankym13
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 56
Votes: 1
male usa
What do you have for light
Post InfoPosted 26-Aug-2008 04:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
male usa us-indiana
I bought the 55 watt bright-kit from AH Supply.
Post InfoPosted 26-Aug-2008 08:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies