keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
Finally I tracked down the C nevillii I also found C parva at the same location Aquagreen NT Aust. The cost is basically 50% off the cost I paid at the LFS over one year ago that will include postage,

They have been grown in ponds/tanks I think out doors. Because of the growing methods (double the size) I expect a litle bit of a slow down at first. They are not grown in pots either.

I have bought 10 of each this will mean a little rearrangement of the foreground plants Anubias nana some will go back into the 5ft tank.

Here are what I am expecting to get not the size. He explained he grows them in Cow Dung (poo) and plenty of ferts naturally I cannot copy in the Betta tank.

PHOTO Left is Parva & Right Nevillii

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2008 09:00Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Congratulations! Those are two plants I'm pretty sure I don't have (I have a bunch of assorted crypts in my paludarium that are growing like weeds ) Definitely enjoy them.

The crypts at my LFS aren't grown in pots either. I buy them with a little strip of rock wool wrapped around the base held on with a plant weight. It seems to be a very good way to hold them because out of 6 or so crypts I have gotten that way, none have melted from being planted in my tank, and they all have thrived since I got them home.

><>
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2008 16:31Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
SWEET!!!

Good job keith! I know you were looking all over for them! My lfs stocks them in pots, and they are truly very tiny! Great job finding them, and i wish you the best of luck.

Goby

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2008 23:09Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Twilight
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 76
Votes: 92
female canada
I am envious! I love crypts!

We can sometimes get C. parva here, but it requires too much light for my poor old fixture to oblige. C. nevillii I've never even seen. Thank you for including a pic!

I vote! Do you?
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2008 22:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies