Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAquatic Edge aquarium
Caviar
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 187
Votes: 73
female usa
I just purchased an Aquatic Edge 5 gallon aquarium kit for my grandaughter's birthday. It has a BioClear 90 filter and 1 cartridge with it. I'm trying to find a source for the filter cartridges. No one carries them! Does any one have one of these aquarium kits that can help me out?
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2010 13:39Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I'm not familiar with this brand, but if you can't find the exact filter cartridge, I'd just try to find another brand that fits it, if possible.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2010 20:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Caviar
----------
Hobbyist
female usa
Thank you. Petco has their store brand that looks like the same type, but they don't give the measurements. I'll have to make a trip over to check them out.
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2010 22:07Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I'd replace it with a foam block cut to size, I know you can buy the Aqua clear blocks at most chain stores, then just cut it to size to fit. The tank doesn't need carbon after all and if it does end up needing some you can add it in a small bag hidden behind the decor near the outflow of the filter.

Good luck

^_^

Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2010 23:56Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
BioClear 90

If this is the BioClear you are referring to. It looks like a standard HOB filter.

I replaced the filter sponge with plain old filter wool. By doing that I never have a problem with replacements and I just remove a bit of the old filter wool as it gets old.

By doing that it eliminates the problem of any mini cycle.
I also get a far better filtration now.

Cookie

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2010 23:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Caviar
----------
Hobbyist
female usa
That's it. I found 6 pads on ebay, but when they're gone, we'll just use the wool. I have a huge roll of it that I use in my tanks. Thank you. The 5gal is only going to house my grandaughter's betta.
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2010 01:43Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies