L# Powerheads
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePowerheads
tyler9999
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 22
Votes: 1
I have a powerhead that is non adjustable. Is there a way to diffuse it or should I just get a different one? The flow of water is really, really fast. Thanks for any input.
Post InfoPosted 04-Nov-2007 19:23Profile PM Edit Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
What is the model of the power head?

Because I have a few like this and what I do to help with the output is aim it at the back of the tank. It still creates a current, but it helps spread it around.

One idea you could do, is find a pvc adjustable valve that fits the intake of the pump and connect the two. but then make sure to make some kind of intake cover not to suck in any fish.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 05-Nov-2007 00:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If you can not reduce the flow rate, is it possible to divert/redirect the flow. I run the flow of Betta tank filter onto a piece of DW this still gives me the full filtration intake and output but the output flow is directed around their tank rather than in a strong jet stream, it is also better for the plants as they all get some of the water flow.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2007 02:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Optimusprime
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 6
male canada
yeah i just aim mine at the sides of the tank and it helps allot.

"All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was."
Toni Morrison.
CHECK MY PROFILE FOR PICTURES.
Post InfoPosted 08-Nov-2007 06:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
I have one that also doesn't have an adjustment on it, What I do is I took a length of Vinyl tubing that fit over the output of the PH and sealed the oposite end then cut small holes in the length Using small suction cups I hooked it to the back of the tank and its a cheap spray bar.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 17-Nov-2007 02:33Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies