SubscribeReplacing Glass?
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
Anybody ever replaced a pane of glass?

I was moving my 150g tank last week and the end piece got cracked really bad and was looking at replacing that one piece.

anybody ever done this? I have an idea on how to, just going to where I know alot of people have experience

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2009 03:06Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
All I can tell you it will not be worth the trouble of fixing it.

The main reason as glass ages in a fish tank especially it loses its ability to stick to the silicone thus not giving you a perfect seal. I know some will say it can be done. Yes it can be done but I guarantee the joint will not last any where near the time as a new glass tank.

All this information has come directly from a life time glazier and what he does not know about glass is not worth knowing.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2009 08:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
Thanks, I'll just have to wait it out with a small tank and go community for a while. I wont have the money to buy a big tank for quite some time.

But I have been tinkering with the idea of building my own out of wood. and may do that over some time

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2009 03:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies