---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria

Babelfish
Hippeastrum Cocktail
We had close to 100 but lost the lot with the stinking heat and high humidity many of Margs were some of the very expensive ones to.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2009 10:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Its nice!!

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2009 13:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Megil TelZeke

---------------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 890
Votes: 393
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited 27-Aug-2009 14:32
Babel,

I would have to say that it appears to be Hippeastrum Carnival and not Hippeastrum Cocktail. Hippeastrum cocktail has red petals with a white throat, your plant has a white fringe with the red being present in the central part of the petals which is more consistent with Hippeastrum Carnival.

Its a very pretty amaryllis.

Megil

Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2009 14:30Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
EditedEdited 28-Aug-2009 00:52
Megil, Keith thanks both!

Megil got it! Carnival I do not know if all the bulbs are Carnival, or if some of them are different....many of them were much smaller than the others, being more the size of the bouncy balls that you get from the grocery store for 5 cents (ok, 5 cents 25 years ago!) then the . Many were rather dry looking, I hope I can bring them back. Some even had red to the skin, hopefully not a disease.

I'm afraid I may have stressed them out big time in an attempt to rescue them from rock hard clay I've got a few dozen bulbs pulled up from the ground (some were on the ground sending the roots where they could for soil!). They're in pots now, and have got a good drink of water and seaweed extract. Not sure when I'll be able to place them in the ground again.

Aren't they Lindy ! I just couldn't leave them behind, especially in the state they were in!

Keight, the heat and humidity killed the bulbs off !???! I don't know if I can dare hope that these guys will make it up here, we've already had temps over 35!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2009 00:41Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Well some are starting to bloom, I'm photographing and marking the pot that the bulbs in with the image number so when I do get a chance to replant I'll know what some of them look like.

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2009 01:32Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
Very pretty!
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2009 06:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies