keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
My totally uncooperative eyes.

Yes I am still living but I have had a few set backs along the way I was hoping to be back after Easter.
I have gone back on drops to remove the pressure because of all swelling under the eye caused by the Cataract operation. One of the drops basically a steroid will take me eight weeks to ween off, too sudden it will cause problems as it did once before. Another drop is making me very sleepy and dopey (no remarks no it is official) I can see a lot better but it is the reading that causes the entire problem even trying to read the paper, it apparently is the reflection that is causing all the problems. No more Dr visits unless any problems for two months then I hope to get the all clear.

I have had to make a few changes to the Betta tank I had some heater concerns during the very hot spell and apparently Val does not like over heated water over a long period. By making these changes the Cardinals now have far more space to move around especially at the front.

Still no gym/swimming five months off so far and could be extended one more, with all this I have only put on 2.5 Kg and it has been very hard I can assure you. I have started cooking again as this was also a nono unless I was wearing clear safety glasses. I did a lot of cooking yesterday and suffered last night and a little bit this morning. I still have to wear dark glasses every time I go out side and very dark glasses when daylight driving; no night driving permitted at all too much glare from headlights.

I have managed to take a few photos lately it is basically point and shoot because of the blurriness. It is before and after the change also the new, orange and red Betta.

Eye update over the last few days there has been a great improvement in the eyes saying that I hope to be back for a trail run at least Mon 28th May next week. Pushing things a bit further I hope to be back at gym a week later BUT no swimming until I get the OK from the Dr.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 02:06Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 22-May-2007 02:09
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Looks like I am out of practice

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 22-May-2007 02:27
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Another attempt
New Betta
He is very good with the Cardinals considering he was in a small display container and possibly never seen another fish other than a Betta let alone been with one

Keith

Attached Image:

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 02:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Hey Keithgh! I was just thinking about you the other day! Glad to see you are posting again. And glad to see your tanks & fish are doing good.
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 05:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
EditedEdited by Theresa_M
The pics are nice and it's great to see an update from you. Sorry you've gone thru so much with this. Hope things keep going in a positive direction for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 12:47Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Tanks are looking good!

Hey, with the paper reflection thing, have you tried using red or blue filters over what you are reading? I used to use coloured overhead sheets when my vision was bad, and the blue sheet really took the pressure off. Could be worth a shot

I have my fingers crossed you'll be back in the pool soon!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 13:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Dr. Bonke

---------------
-----
Kudos: 215
Votes: 36
male finland
Good to hear you're on the road to recovery Keith, the tank looks good and the Betta is gorgeous.

Best,
Martin
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 16:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
We missed you Keith. . . Thanks for the update!

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2007 20:30Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi Keith!!
It was so great to see you check into Chat the other day!
Thanks for the letter and the reply has gone off.
Say Hi to Marg for us.
Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 23-May-2007 00:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
Keith, I could pass your photographs off as my own

It's good to see you back, and your eyes are going to get better for sure. Was talking to my husband just yesterday complaining we dont see you around often. I had so many clown loach questions
Post InfoPosted 24-May-2007 12:08Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
Glad to see you back Nice shots

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 25-May-2007 04:18Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
EditedEdited by wish-ga
Sorry you are having a rough time still.

Eyesight. It affects everything you do doesn't it?

with all this I have only put on 2.5 Kg and it has been very hard I can assure you.
No gym/swimming and only a leetle weight gain. Well done. No mean feat.

Hope you are on the improve very, very soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 25-May-2007 06:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
carpe_diem
----------
Fish Addict
*Dreamer*
Kudos: 292
Votes: 51
female australia
Hi Keith,

Good to see you back on the forums! We all missed you! And good to see you're on the road to recovery!

Nice tank shots..cute betta!

Truth doesn't always win friends but it influences them
Post InfoPosted 25-May-2007 07:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Hello to all

Thank you for those replies. Since I saw the last Dr and gave me the new drops to help in removing the pressure there has been a very good progress the first major improvement since March. As of tomorrow Mon another reduction of one of the drops only twice a day for 14 days I am expecting a slight reaction for the first 2-4 days until the eye settles down to the new system.

I can actually look at a computer with less trouble and the glare has greatly reduced, even reading the paper has improved.

I am very pleased the way the Betta tank is turning out, it is so close to what I was trying to achieve but not actually knowing what I was looking for. As many know I am not one for pulling a tank down just for the fun of it. As you can see I have completly opened up the front now. I think I was very lucky picking up tht Betta the photo does not do him justice as the colour is far stronger. I am still waiting for the very small Crypts to arrive.

If all goes right as I think I will be going Back to Gym 1st June and start to spend time here on FP. I know I will have a lot of catching up to do. A very special occasion is coming up D Day 6th June 31 years Officially married must be well fo that as we have planned to go out close to that date. Heated rooms and air conditioning can certainly bring tears to my eyes.

Been on the computer 45 Min today and just starting to get the glare problem now.

See you all extremly soon.

Regards Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-May-2007 07:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies