SubscribeOne step closer
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Hey!
I got a tip on that dream I have of a cold, fresh water tank. I'm so excited. I just have to convince the other half that I can do it without a huge increase in the bills. LOL A friend told me to check "Bait" shops for the fish, I have on my list. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I will probably make a trip to 'look' some time soon.
Wish me luck

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2013 03:16Profile PM Edit Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
EditedEdited 18-Apr-2013 23:38
Hi Kelly,
I would urge caution, and be absolutely sure quarantine the fish for at least a month. Think of the tanks of "feeder" fish in a pet store.. Disease is rampant in those tanks. Most of the "bait fish" in a bait shop are "shiners" generally all silver sided. You would be best served to net some "sunnies", sunfish. they would provide some color, especially during breeding season.

Also, these fish are cold water fish... During the summer months, you will need to turn your AC in the fish room down to "Arctic" or, purchase a "chiller" for the tank.

Just some things to think about...

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2013 23:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Thanks... I'm still in the dreamer's stage right now. I have a lot of things to mull over and hurdles to jump before I start making purchases.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2013 23:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 20-Mar-2015 10:27
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies