---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
EditedEdited by Racso
A love story filled with deception, temptation, fascination, and other words that end in "tion"!!!

Preface

Danielle is poking around on websites she has no business looking at (I.E. Petfinder.com). She finds a dog that looks cute nice and shows it to Jorge. Jorge, stupidly, agrees that the dog is indeed cute. It was then that Danielle knew that she had to have a much closer look. She so longed to see this animal, but how would she convince Jorge to come along?

She couldn't be forthright with her intent; he would soon catch on and disagree to the whole idea of visiting another dog...

Chapter 1: The Setup

Trisha, a lifelong friend and Maid of Honor for Danielle, gives Danielle a call. The two get to talking (a catastrophe in any circumstance) and Trisha finally reveals that she is in the market for a feline companion. Danielle, remembering the dog she discovered online, is at the League for Animal Welfare, where cats are also kept. She tells Trisha, "Why don't we go to the 'League' and see what kinds of cats they have there." It was then the gears of deception were beginning to turn inside Danielle's mind.

Jorge was too nice of a person to say no to a friend (he would probably jump off a building if a friend was to ask him nicely enough). Danielle knew this and she knew this well. It was now time to put her plan into action.

Chapter 2: Execution

Sunday, before heading off to church, Danielle and Jorge are about to leave when Trisha calls. Danielle and Trisha had set up a plan to visit the "League" and look at some cats. They had scheduled to meet at the church as soon as church was out.

While Danielle's plan would not really start to roll into action until later that day, her setup had begun the night before. When Jorge and Danielle were leaving for church, Danielle's car was trapped in the driveway by Jorge's car. Naturally, they took Jorge's car. His car being a manual, forced Jorge to drive.

After church had let out, Jorge prepares to take his grandmother home, and Danielle and Trisha hitch a ride. It was then that Jorge became suspicious. While nearing his grandmother's home, Danielle suggest that we should visit the "League" to look at cats since it close by his grandmother's home. Jorge, being the only one who could drive the car, was then forced to go.

Chapter 3: The Tables Turn

After looking at many a feline, Jorge could not resist his own temptation, nor Danielle's persistence, and they were off to the canine area. They saw the dog the Danielle had previously found, and too true that it was a cute dog. But then, something amazing happened. While trying to pry the dog away from his mind, it was then that Jorge fell in love again.

He had felt this love once before, and recognized this feeling. It was the feeling of, "that's the one." It was a girl named Courtney, a German Shepherd/Sheltie mix. He continued to look at others, but none came close. Courtney was the one.

***To Be Continued***
Post InfoPosted 16-Apr-2007 16:28Profile PM Edit Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
Hee hee. Shelters are like that, you want to give everyone a home

Inky
Post InfoPosted 16-Apr-2007 17:37Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
Now, that's funny. I'm excited to see how this saga continues.

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 16-Apr-2007 21:01Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Haha you fell for the girlie plan Jorge.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 00:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
How do you think I got adam . And he said he wasn't a cat person

Racso you'll be fine, just don't look into their eyes, or rub their earsies, or let their tain thump against your leg...and whatever you do, don't forget the earplugs, you gotta block out that little whinepick me pick me whinelook look whinelove meee love meee whimper that they {the dogs} do.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 00:42Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Or that quiet, meek, "meow"...That's what got me!

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 01:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
male usa us-ohio
EditedEdited by Racso
Chapter 4: The Mistake

For once, Danielle allowed Jorge to look at, stare, examine, and otherwise check out another girl. Another girl named Courtney. Granted, this other girl was a dog, but Jorge did not turn down the opportunity (You only get a break a few times in life!).

It was then that another couple walked in the room, and started looking at dogs. Shock, horror, other words used in movie previews!!!

All types of questions ran through Jorge's mind; "What if they like Courtney? What if they already saw and picked out Courtney? What if they take her? I wonder what we're going to have for lunch today...." His unnecessary fears were extinguished when a volunteer fallowed right behind with a leash and immediately walked to the kennels and picked out a dog. A beagle mix. They did not like the beagle as he was very excited and they lived in an apartment they didn't even care to give the poor dog time to calm down, as any animal would be hyper and excited after being picked out of doggie prison.

That couple quickly left, however, the volunteer did not leave so quickly, and Jorge continued to make the biggest mistake of his life...

"Can we see that one, Courtney?"

Chapter 5: Interrogation

"How old is she?"
"What is like with other dogs?"
"What is like with other animals?"
"What is her history?"
"What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?"

Jorge was firing out questions faster than an AK-47 (not than an AK-47 could fire questions, but he's stretching for imagery here, give 'em a break). Unfortunately the volunteer did not know much, nor did the shelter at the time, because she had just came into the shelter the night before.

During the whole interrogation, Courtney just stared at Jorge as if to say, "I love you... take me home... I will die if you don't take me home..." Jorge ignored the fact that this was a no kill shelter, but he justified wanting her by thinking she would die if he didn't take her.
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 14:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
lol racso thats a great story, i know the trouble of shelters too, cos i used to do animal rescue folks are always trying to give me animals, but my mother is even worse. Last time she went to a shelter it was to drop off a lost dog, and she came back with Monty. Monty is an 18 hands high welsh drey horse, and is in my opinion quite probably the biggest possible horse she could have found in the mainland uk, serious this thing is the size of a shire , the next animal up in size would be a giraffe. This horse was incidentally , being kept at the dog shelter. Thats one big dawg.
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 15:13Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
denver

---------------
Mega Fish
Mile High....
Kudos: 205
Votes: 110
female australia us-colorado
aww so you have a new addition? or are you leaving us hanging like poor courtney?
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 15:18Profile Homepage ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
male usa us-ohio
Chapter 6: Complications

Jorge and Danielle really like Courtney; however, nothing is ever easy.

Despite her cute appearances, Courtney is due in doggie court...

The D.A. stands up and clears his throat, "I call to the stand, Anne Marieā€¦ Anne, please state your occupation."

"I am a Veterinary Technician at the League for Animal Welfare."

"And, in your opinion, how would you describe Courtney?"

"Well, she is a nice, beautiful dog that is very friendly."

The D.A. looks at Anne and drops his tone, "Now, would you describe her... condition?"

Anne is obviously becoming uncomfortable. "Well, she is a sweet dog..."

The D.A. voice shows his emotion, "Her condition, please."

"Well... she is... in heat."

The court room gasps and people begin whispering. "ORDER, I will have ORDER in my court room." The judge attempting to roar over the room while pounding the gavel.

The room finally quiets and the D.A. continues, "Now, how long will this condition continue?"

Anne shifting in her seat in a fruitless attempt to regain comfort, "Well... approximately three weeks."

"And has she seen a vet recently?"

"No"

The D.A. raises a finger and exclaims, "AH HA!"

"But it is not her fault; she has no control over this! She just came in the day before!"

The D.A. looks over at Anne and says, "No further questions." Anne leaves the stand with her head dropped and obviously saddened.

The judge calls over, "Have you reached a verdict?"

"We have your honor. We find the defendant... guilty of ensuing complications."

The judge thinks for a second, "Well... then I have no choice. I sentence you to 5 weeks in doggie prison, and order you to visit a veterinarian within those five weeks. Also, during those five weeks, I order you to be spayed as soon as possible!" The pounding of the gavel acted as a cue for heads to drop and hearts to fall.

***to be continued***
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 16:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Dolf
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 180
Votes: 46
male usa
When I read the title of this post I was quite upset. I was expecting a hit piece on shelters, then I opened it and began reading.
I work for for Sheriff Joe, taking care of and rehabilitating animals siezed by our Animal Crimes Unit. We deal with a lot of local shelters and I know there are some good ones, some bad ones and others that are no more than puppy mills in disguise. This thread brought a smile to my face as I read on. I've seen your story played out hundreds of times. We recently siezed some pointer/pit mix pups that were being starved to death. As soon as the story got out, we had a waiting list of people wanting to adopt them even though it will be at least a month before they are ready for a new home.

Longhairedgit-We keep at least one adoptable dog on the compound with with our horses. Last year an officer brought her husband to look at a dog. They went home with a horse instead. I think the missus wanted the horse all along and just used the dog as an excuse to get her husband to come to the compound.
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2007 00:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Okay my question is.....

How do people keep mixing horses and dogs up!

I mean come on there are a few differences between them, one barks the other doesnt. One fits fairly well on the sofa, the other you'd have issues if you woke up with it curled up on the foot of your bed (or the head in it). One it's okay to have going full pelt down the front hall to greet visitors, the other, well lets just hope that you know a good screen door salesman.

Ah well, I'm just happy when animals find loving homes.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2007 04:25Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 19-Apr-2007 04:27
This post has been deleted
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
And I've seen cats go through screens.

It

Was

A

Funny

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2007 05:39Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
male usa us-ohio
yeah I figured the title would get some interesting reactions.
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2007 13:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
male usa us-ohio
OOOooooOOOoooooo....

New chapter coming soon.... with... yet again... ANOTHER twist
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2007 19:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Well come on! Out with it boy!

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 08-May-2007 15:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies