sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
EditedEdited by sora
hey everyone!
i just got the gravel for my new 55 after like 4 weeks of not being able to buy it. its not sand like i orginally wanted but its still pretty cool! its this small size dark black gravel. i think it will look pretty cool with some drift wood i found at the store. didnt pick that up yet. anyways lol i was just so excited i felt the need to tell people! i might try and post some pics of it later or i might wait till the DW goes in.

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 04:34Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
Sweet! Trust me, the black will make a great difference in color of very colored fish, and the raphaels white dots will show up so much better!!!

Great Job! How thick is the substrate now? I would reccomend 2 inches, at least, for a planted tank. Pix would be awesome!!!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 04:55Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 24-Dec-2007 05:19
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Well done Sora you will not be sorry for not getting sand with all its problems. What is the sizes of the gravel a good gravel should be 1-3mm with no sharp edges. Remember to wash and rewash it several times to remove any fine particles I always sieve (using a fine kitchen strainer) mine to remove the fines first.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 24-Dec-2007 08:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Sounds great

I agree, the black or darker substrate usually looks so much better, and by not getting the sand you're saving yourself a bunch of trouble IMO!

Pics would be cool.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 00:04Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
EditedEdited by sora
gah guys im not going to get pics up for a couple more days. ive caught some kind of sickness and lost my voice compeltely so i havent been able to wash/ put in the gravel yet sorry i should be able to tommorow so yeah. ive almost gotten my voice back! but i couldnt talk all yesterday and this morning and im pretty out of it at the moment. anyways ill try and get pics up tommorow or the day after! toodles!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 28-Dec-2007 01:17Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies