Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePics of the driftwood in 40gal tall
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Hey guys, here's the pics of the driftwood inside the tank. This is the best I can get without glare.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellysfishylife/

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 15-Jun-2009 20:00Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Kelly

Have you tried taking photos with out the flash or putting a tissue over the flash? I would like to see a full height and length of the tank. If you want I can Photo Shop the photos for you. You will surprised at the big difference taking the photos with out the flash and a little PS can do.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2009 03:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
I loaded more pics. If you think you can clear them up, have at it. I have the hardest time with glare. Even after covering the flash with tissue, I get white spots or blurring.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 19-Jun-2009 21:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
PHOTO HELP

Kelly I will PM you my E/m and we can work from there. Taking aquarium photos can be extremely difficult. My first attempts all finished being deleted and I still delete many too.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2009 03:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
Wow Kelly! That's a great setup! I like the rocks and plants (and I'm assuming your plants are real, lol). Very nice!
Post InfoPosted 12-Sep-2009 16:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Can anyone Identify the plants in the back row? I thought I knew what they were but apparently I don't. I ordered some replacement plants from AZ gardens and they're not the same. (Most of the plants in the back row died off when I had to medicate and salt the tank.)

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2010 23:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Back right looks very very very much to me like a terrestrial plant commonly called peace lily. I've seen people grow it submerged and the leaves tend to grow longer rather than rounder similar to how it shows in your photo. They can live for quite a while submerged but do die off. LFS and LPS can end up selling them as aquatic when they don't know what they're doing (or just want a profit ). They're also sometimes mixed in with the aquatics as they are a common plant for terrarium set ups.

Love the driftwood .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 17-Jan-2010 21:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
aleena
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
nice pics

adina
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2013 06:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Thank you! The tank has now been stripped down and put in storage. All of my survivors and now living in a 125 gal that I can't put live plants into, thanks to some rambunctious catfish and plecs. LOL I'm considering cycling it again for some cold water fish but I don't know how well that will go over with the hubby.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2013 12:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies