mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I used to love quoting Mallrats. There's this part where Jay and Silent Bob were talking (Jay was doing the talking, obviously) to Willam who was trying to see the sailboat in one of those 3D picture jobbies that were popular in the 90's. Willam was having trouble seeing the sailboat, so Jay, being the drug salesperson that he is, offered up the advice that Willam smoke a "fatty boom batty" sumfin' or another after which he'd most definitely see the sailboat among other aquatic things. Being a responsible 3D art viewer Willam "just said no". OK, I dunno if that last part is true but I thought I'd throw it in there for the kids.

Anyways substitute an M for the F and there's my name. Fits good I guess cause Matt is a very popular name but for some reason mattyboombatty hasn't been taken in most places

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2007 22:44Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by TankWatcher
Well, I needed a name - so I asked the kids to think one up for me. They said I'm obsessed with fish and that all I do is watch my tank - so there it is. No surprises there - pretty obvious really.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2007 23:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
"Babel's name comes from the proof that God does NOT exist because He created something that prooves He DOES exist."

Again one of those funny things, I like the book, but DNA got it wrong in some places...heh heh, faulty DNA....funnnyyyy I just made that up, did ya like it.

Racso, you got it all wrong, The first fish fish patty ever caught she named Patty, and was going to keep it as her beloved pet, but then a freak snowstorm came through on August 17 and she was stuck and had to eat something, but the snowstorm had caused an avalanch right onto her beloved Patty and by the time she dug it out ....well... Lets just say she had a mcFishwich for dinner .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2007 23:37Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
LOL!.........I only like to eat teryaki chicken! Anyways, My nickname is in honor of my passed away dragon goby.....thats also why i joined this site!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2007 04:40Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
Racso, you got it all wrong, The first fish fish patty ever caught she named Patty, and was going to keep it as her beloved pet, but then a freak snowstorm came through on August 17 and she was stuck and had to eat something, but the snowstorm had caused an avalanch right onto her beloved Patty and by the time she dug it out ....well... Lets just say she had a mcFishwich for dinner

oh... my bad. I forgot about that terrible snowstorm.
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2007 13:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
EditedEdited by crazyred
Well, okay, I like explaining my screen name. My ex and I used to be in a motorcycle club(well, the ex still is), anyway, everyone gets a roadname and mine is 'roja loca' which means 'crazy red-head' down here. I AM a crazy red-head, so I shortned it to 'crazyred'. There it is. If y'all could talk to me for 5 minutes you would know....it fits.

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2007 16:24Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I got it off a wine bottle.

It was so almost "paperclip" and "eraser" but they were taken. so I used the name of the estate where the vineyard was... and modified it a bit

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2007 16:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
REDPHANTOM
----------
Enthusiast
Taking life on an angle
Kudos: 46
Votes: 4
male costarica
My name is also in honour of a fish I had, he was the first one I ever lost... that urged me to look for external support and information, leading me to the site.

It is also one of my favorite type of fish

Nice post!

James
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 18:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
i got my name from the fact that i have 8 platys in my tank and they are my favourite out of all my other fish and i said boy because man would make me sound like a superhere

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2007 00:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

And to the rescue here comes Platy-Man!

You're right.

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2007 01:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gomer
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Small Fry with BBQ Sauce
Kudos: 1709
Votes: 106
male australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Gomer
Nickname from school. Got it in primary school. My name is Joseph and being the little kids we were thought it was cool to add 'mer to the end of each other names. So I was Jomer. Jomer evolved into Gomer and it has stuck since.

Some old friends even call Gomez.

-- Gomer
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2007 03:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
reun
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 216
male usa
its a mix up of letters from my name...i use the nick name all over the internet
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 00:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Quite a few people who have joined here fairly recently have wondered about my Board name. And some hilarity has resulted from the gender confusion is apparently elicits. So, I'll hereby post the definitive story, a repeat post from another thread I started some time ago, with appropriate updates.

Back in 1998, while searching for art on the Net, when I was a relativel novice Net user, I accidentally encountered a man called Charles Faris. His art site I shall link to - be warned, though, if you're on a 56K modem, it'll take ages to load because it's graphics intense with a vengeance:

Charles Faris Faerie Art

I struck up correspondence with him, because I happened to find his art mesmerising. Then, one day, I found myself inspired to write a faerie tale based loosely upon one of his characters (modelled by a lovely girl called Vanessa Banuelos, who at the time was in hospital awaiting experimental laser surgery on malignant vocal chord tumours). Another story followed, and another ... well, I sent them to Charles, and he was so taken by them, that he posted artworks to fit the stories on his website. One of these features a delightful character, a friendly pixie in a blue dress called Cali Lasseia. I thought it would be fun to use this as a Board handle on various bulletin boards that I joined, but at the time I started using it, bulletin boards didin't allow spaces in names, so the name became contracted to "Calilasseia". Which, as an aside, is an anagram of "Alicia's Seal" ... For refernce, this is the picture Charles produced for number five in the series of my stories, featuring the little blue pixie in question ...

Since the character embodies a value system I hold dear, "Calilasseia" has become a Board persona all over the place for me. The fact that the original character happens to be female was something I considered an irrelevance at first, but the confusion my choice of Board handle has generated in other places as well as here has led to some interesting philosophical speculation at tiems

Incidentally, Charles has links with one or two of the pictures to stories that are connected with the pictures. The artworks connected with my writing will be recognisable when you see the character names! One picture I particularly adore is "Carolaia", which features a character I based upon my adorable niece Carol, and his artwork encapsulates her good-natured yet adventurous spirit well, something that is a central theme in the stories featuring her. here is the picture Charles created using my adorable niece Carol.

Since then, by the way, I've branched out. Charles taught me how to use PhotoShop, and so I started creating artworks of my own. Anyone who browses my fish picture links and connects to my online photo album can see examples of this art too. There are now over 350 artworks that are on my CD, the result of four years' work with PhotoShop.

Among the images I've created has been this one]http://calilasseia.0catch.com/bioartmepic23.html[/link], the face for the faerie princess originally coming from [link=this painting, namely Luna (dated 1870-1889) by Charles Edward Halle (1846-1919). When I first saw that painting in a book on Pre-Raphaelite art (another of my BIG passions) my first thought was "I want to marry this woman ..." ... sadly 100 years before my time she was, but never mind, I can dream ...

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 01:32Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
Mine was actually a mistake that I ended up liking better than the original name I was trying to remember. Back when the internet first started, I was in college. I was taking several computer courses and a big time gamer. So I joined the computer club. Really all we did was try to learn to hack and play games all the time. Anyhow, it was long before any sites had membership fees and such (man, those sure were the good 'ole days), long before spam email, and well, everything was pretty much basic. Enough of that, lol.

Well I had to have a name to log into chats at school, and as well to play games (my original game name was usually Talon, which did not last long). So I had to come up with a nickname that did not involve my own name in any way. There was a movie that I really like, probably mostly because of the awesome female that stared in it, Angeline Jolie. She was so very young in that movie, lol. And man, could she make biker leather really look hot on a woman! Anyhow, I remembered liking her nick name in the movie and that is what I was trying to remember. Her name was Acid Burn. But I could not remember the "Burn" part. So, I came up with ACIDRAIN instead. Well everyone I knew really liked my nickname. And in all the good 'ole chat rooms back then they all liked it too, so I just kept it over all these years.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 02:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
EditedEdited by djrichie
It my stage name, nothing exciting about that. Been using it since the 80's. Sorry no little story but I make up for it been a character.

Djrichie
"Don't Panic"

Yeah I remember that Movie "Hack the Planet"

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 03:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
A personal favorite movie of mine but personally would have went with Crash Overide or Phantom Freak. As for my name really simple. I found this site well looking for advice about my Danio fry and my name is Aaron

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 16:30Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
EditedEdited by djrichie
I think she left a lasting impression on a teenage boy. I know she did on me.

Djrichie
"Don't Panic"

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2007 17:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wahikki
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 39
female usa
EditedEdited by Wahikki
My friend was very passionate about fish, particularly bettas. She had been trying to convince me to get a betta for about 3 months. I finally gave in and she helped me buy all the stuff. We set up the little 2g and added the betta. She made up the name of Wahikki for my betta. Later she was showing me the fish profiles website and she signed me up then with the fishes name. Wahikki commited suicide about a month later. Wahikki was the only one of my fish that ever had a name, the rest were all "fishy". Now I am reminded of my first fish every time I log in.

As of today, I have a 10g with 3 black skirted tetras, 2 long finned gold zebra danios and a snail.
Post InfoPosted 09-Apr-2007 01:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
inkodinkomalinko
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 833
male usa
I must have been incapable of thinking of something smart or catchy and the only thing I saw was a pen. Ink. Inko. Inko...dinko...malinko..who knows I was young
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 01:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
EditedEdited by Platy_Punk
Well my first fish was a platy....and I currently own them. On my v-ball jersey it says PUNK on the back....so yea. Although lately I have been thinking to change my name to Panda_Punk since I have recently gotten more into them
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 05:33Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
desiredusername
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 99
Votes: 36
male australia
iwas really uninspired and just copied the thing next to the text box
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 11:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
carpe_diem
----------
Fish Addict
*Dreamer*
Kudos: 292
Votes: 51
female australia
Mine was just the first thing that i thought of... after those bumpy depressed teenage years I like to look on the brighter side of life now and seize the moments upon us...

This is an interesting thread! wondered where some of these names came from esp calis!

Truth doesn't always win friends but it influences them
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 15:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
EditedEdited by fish patty
Whoa! Wait a minute............

carpe_diem.........."Mine was just the first thing that i thought of..."

I don't speak foreign languages, if that's what your name is? lol

What is "carpe_diem?"

Platy_Punk- At the rate you're going........ to keep you from having to change your name to Panda_Punk & then something else......... since you like raising fish so much, you might consider a name like Pa Pa Punk........ that way you'll cover all bases when you change favorite fish again.

Fish Punk? Pish Punk? Maybe we could start a thread with suggestions to help you pick out a new name? lol

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 16:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Carpe diem means "sieze the day" in Latin (but it's also fairly commonly used by English speakers).

><>
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 18:09Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Bengimon91
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 2
male jersey
A mate called me it once once at school, it gets used occasionally still, but adopted it as an internet pseudonym, i use it everywhere and i have never seen anyone else use it so if you see it around, Hi

EDIT: Having just done a google to check the individuality of my name, alas, i am not the only one, however, i am the only one i have ever seen on a fish or gaming forum, c'est la vie
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 18:19Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
EditedEdited by terranova
The second year that my reef club hosted the North East Reef Aquarium Conference, I was a volunteer, and all the volunteers get nametags on straps that you have to wear around your neck so people know that they can go to you for help and whatnot. For some reason, mine said "Liana Terranova" even though Terranova isn't even remotely close to my actual last name.

All the guys in the club thought it was hysterical, so I began to use it as my name on the club forum, and on reef central. Eventually I switched it over to my username for everything except AOL.

EDIT: Oh and previously, I was ferretfish because that's what we voted on, considering I had a lovely little ferret, and fish. How original. I think Babel gets the credit for that actually.

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 20:55Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
You will always be Ferretfish to some of us!

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 10-Apr-2007 21:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
Mine is simple Its the name of my home business. Although more recently I have started to use fishkeeperjim everywhere but here. that one came about in two parts first is at a paranormal chat I go to "Logan" is on the banned words list, cause of a old user. So I had to pick a new name. as I was trying to think of one a website came to mind and on it was the question "are you a fish keeper or a fish haver?" I am a fish keeper so just added my first name.

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 14-Apr-2007 18:03Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
"What is "carpe_diem?"

*GASP*

ooOOoo go watch Dead Poets Society.

And yes if you're a fan of the TV series House one of the boys will look familar.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2007 04:52Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
jasonpisani are my name & surname.... Jason Pisani.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2007 20:54Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
wish-ga is the name of my first fish.

Came here to find out how to better care for wish-ga and my other wishies.

Now I only ever use wish-ga as my screen name (two forums and blogging). And quite a few people in real life call me that too. I like it. Never had a nick growing up. Yay me!

(Callatya, I thought your name was a fish species or gaming term or something. Was too embarassed to ask in case I looked stoopid(er). Glad I now know)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 07:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mughal113
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 160
Votes: 64
male pakistan
Mughal = my family name
113 = my university roll number
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2007 08:54Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
shadowtheblacklab
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 52
Votes: 0
female usa
I'm obsessed with animals,and competitively[sp?] show my dog Shadow in many things She is a very skilled and obediant pup.I love her to pieces[even more than fish,and that's really saying something!!]She is also my favorite breed and favorite color of that breed[she is a black lab].
So in honor of her that became my screenname for basicly everything.I love her

Yup. I'm that crazy Twilight/animal/music girl
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2007 23:11Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
EditedEdited by fishmonster
How i got my name was a little interesting. It started out when i was about 18 or 19 and I was helping out my friend DJ and a local Youth club. Anyways My hair grew out like an afro because i have 3 crowns or calics right at the top of my head and my parents used to shave or buzz my hair. So when it grew long it looked rather interesting. We my friend gave me that name from a Breafast cereal character from Kelloggs Sugar Puffs as they were known in england. Anyways the name was Honeymonster. This name has stuck with me since the mid to late 90s. I use it for my email and names on my old chatrooms. However i thought it wasnt appropriate for the fishforums so i adjusted it to Fishmonster. Hence my name

This is the Honeymonster for those that dont know him
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/honeymonster256/Random%20Pics/Honeymonster.jpg

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2007 23:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
BlackNeonFerret
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 137
Votes: 30
female uk
I'm Black Neon Ferret because i love ferrets (despite the fact i'm not allowed any ) and i was thinking about getting black neon tetras at the time. which i did.
Hence my name
BNF
Post InfoPosted 04-May-2007 17:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies