Subscribeeheim pro 2 orings
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have never had to remove that ring. The only way any thing can get under it it has to be damaged. By putting the silicone on every time there is practically zero chance of and damage.

The only way you could get it out would be to practically dig it out and then there is a chance of damage occurring.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2010 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited 12-Mar-2010 02:43
I haven't often taken it out, but when my 2028 was leaking, I was advised to take it out & apply silicon all around it & underneath it.

yep - dopey me, I didn't know I needed to apply silicon to it beforehand - I didn't even know it was there & that it was the o-ring

If I'd siliconed it regularly, it may never have leaked in the first place & may not have needed to be removed, either.

Anyway, you can remove it very carefully with a bread & butter knife (must be blunt with absolutely no serrated edge). I did manage to do this & caused no damage to the o-ring

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2010 02:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 23
Votes: 1
good to know that what i've been doing is adequate then!

Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2010 02:45Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
a little off topic, from the oring thing, but when i was looking through the parts stuff for the pro 2s, it seems the 2028 and 2026 have the same heads and wattage.... which is curious as they quote different flow rates... if anything you would have thought the 2028 would have a lower flow rate because of the greater amount of medium and other stuff in the cannister....
i duno... its prob just marketing...

Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2010 02:51Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 12-Mar-2010 02:51
This post has been deleted
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
which part number do you call the "head"? Couldn't see one with that name

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2010 12:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
tw, sorry my bad, i didn't explain myself very well.
from what i've seen it seems that the only difference between the 2026 and the 2028 is the size/height of the cannister. The head/motor bit is exactly the same, and uses all the same parts and the same wattage.
and when i went to the eheim website to look at the specs it was interesting to note that they quoted the 2026 flow rate at 950 and the 2028 at 1050.
so i was just postulating that the reason for these two "different" flow rates was more marketing than anything else.

Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2010 05:48Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
Ira
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 181
male newzealand
But, you can pump through a larger area of media will decrease restriction which increases flow while also increasing the total media volume.
Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2010 13:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
EditedEdited 13-Mar-2010 22:58
ira, i would have to disagree.
the cross sectional area of the filters are the same, but the length/distance for the water to travel is greater, therefore more resistance and a slower flow. and therefore, if anything, the 2028 should have the slower flow rate.

but when it starts to clog up, thats a different story. but when new/clean it would seem logical that the 2026 has the faster rate.

Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2010 22:55Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
EditedEdited 15-Mar-2010 06:41
You can replace the impeller & you're right that both models use the same impeller - but the impeller needs a motor to run it. Wouldn't the flow rate be dependant upon the power provided by the motor that runs the impeller?

So, I think the difference will be in the size of the pump's motor. The 2028's pump has an output of approx 1,050 L/h, where as the 2926's output is approx 950 l/h

This is all just what I think - I haven't actually asked anyone if my theory is right, but it makes sense in my mind.

I can't see the pump motor listed as a spare part - so I assumed it wasn't available as a spare & that when the pump breaks, you either get it served or chuck the filter out. I can see the pump cover (part 744442) but that's just a cover for the impeller.

You have to be careful if you order an impeller from them - the 60 Hz one is for 110V (USA) and the (50 Hz) one is for 240V (Europe & Australia) - but double check that with them, if you ever need to order one from them.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2010 06:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
TW, thanks for the tip about the impeller.
regarding the diff between the 2026 and the 28, you have a valid point and may be right. as you cant get a spare motor its all speculative. but my impression is that they are prob using the same motor because a) flow rates are marginally different and may have been adjusted for marketing purposes, b) they both consume 20W, and c) it is probably cheaper and more profitable for a company to use the same one motor and market it as two different models as opposed to developing two motors.

in the end, i guess its not that important

Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2010 05:20Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
in the end, i guess its not that important
For sure, as long as the filter does it's job, what's it matter.

I enjoyed the conversation though

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 18-Mar-2010 04:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Goh

-----
Big Fish
I enjoyed the conversation though

so did i

well, at least this thread showed just how reliable and long lasting the eheims are!

Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2010 06:37Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies